Chapter 7

Gracelyn's Pov

Eddie is making me a picnic! I'm watching him make me a sandwich right now. "What do you want to drink?"

"Hmm.... I think apple juice!" He nods and gets me juice.

"Eddie? Will you eat with me? You never eat with me."

He turns and smiles a bit, "I'm not hungry."

I nod, "Ok, but will you eat a cookie? Cookies are very yummy." Eddie doesn't eat much. Cookies will make him eat more.

"I'll have a bit of your cookie, Grace." I smile and clap. Eddie will like cookies.

"Can I invite Emmy, Rosie, Jazzy, and Allie?" Eddie says yes and I run outside.

"Emmy! Rosie! Jazzy! Allie! Come here! Come here!" They walk up and I run to them.

"Eddie made a picnic! Will you come?" Jazzy bows like a prince. "Of course, my lady." I giggle, "Your a cowboy, Jazzy. Not a prince."

Emmy picks me up, "What am I?" He asks. I giggle and say, "A teddy bear." He laughs and tickles me. "Teddy bears don't tickle, Emmy!!" I scream at him.

He sets me down and I run to Rosie. "Well, if Jasper is a cowboy, Emmett is a teddy bear, what are the rest of us?" Rosie asks me.

Hmm..... "I think your a flower because your pretty, Allie is a butterfly or a fairy because she is small and pretty, and Eddie is Prince Charming because he calls me princess."

Rosie smiles at me and says, "There's your Prince Charming. Go get him." I smile when I see Eddie come over with my picnic.

"Hello, princess. Will you help me set out your picnic?" I nod and put a blanket on the ground. Eddie puts the food on the blanket and sits down. I plop down beside him and wave to the others. They sit around me and I eat my sandwich.

"Do you want some?" I ask them. They have to be hungry. They all shake their head and I look down. They might want a cookie too.

"Wait here. I need to get you guys something. You'll love it!" I run into the house to get the cookies. Oh no! It's on a high shelf! I need to get the cookies. I push the chair by the table and climb up it. I reach the cookie jar and get the cookies. I turn around to slide down and see my family. I freeze when I see Allie with her phone taking pictures.

"What do you think your doing?" Rosie asks with her hands on her hips.

"I wanted to get you cookies," I say and push the cookie jar in front of me.

"You should have asked. We would have gotten it for you."

I pout, "I wanted it to be a surprise. Eddie said he would eat a cookie, so I wanted everyone to eat a cookie." They smile at me and I grin.

"Let's get you down. You need to finish your picnic." Eddie comes over but I stop him.

"No, Eddie! I can do it myself! Watch!" I hold the cookie jar in my hands and slide down the chair. I trip and start to fall, but Eddie catches me. He looks at me scared and I smile.

"Thank you for catching me. Look! None of the cookies fell out either! I didn't make a mess!"

He shakes his head and picks me up. "I don't care if the cookies fall out. I was just worried that you might have fallen and gotten hurt." I hug Eddie. "Don't be sad Eddie. I'm ok. Please don't cry!"

He smiles and kisses my head, "Don't worry, I won't cry princess. Just be careful, ok?"

I nod, "I will, Eddie. Can we eat cookies now?"

He laughs, "Yes. We can eat cookies." I smile at him and we go outside to eat cookies.

"Ok, before you eat cookies you have to finish your sandwich."

I look at Eddie, "Please? One cookie first?"

He shakes his head. "Nope. Finish your sandwich then you can eat a cookie." I eat my sandwich, mad at Eddie.

I want a cookie. I eat most of my sandwich and look at Rosie, "Could I please have a cookie? I'll share with you."

Rosie smiles at me, "You've got to ask Edward. He's the one who tells you if you can." I look at Eddie.

"Please Eddie? I'll give you a bite of my cookie." I give Eddie my puppy dog eyes and beg him.

"Alright. Alright. Here. Come get a cookie." I smile and run to Eddie. He gives me a chocolate cookie. "Mmm. It's so good. Here Eddie! This is yours." I give him part of my cookie and he takes a bite.

"Yum. Let Emmy try a bite." I nod and get a cookie for Emmy.

"Here Emmy. Let Rosie try some." Emmy and Rosie eat the cookie and I smile.

"Jazzy! Allie! Here's your cookie." They both eat the cookie.

"Is it good?"

Emmy smiles, "Yep. I think Eddie likes it the most. He wants another, don't you Edward?"

Eddie nods and smiles, "Yep. I love cookies." I giggle and give Eddie another cookie.

"Here Eddie. Here's your cookie." He smiles and eats part of it. "Here, you eat the rest. I'm full." I smile and eat the rest of Eddie's cookie.

I start to yawn, but I stop myself. I don't want to take a nap. I'm having too much fun! I need to stay awake for movie night!

"Let's take a nap. We'll wake you up before Mommy and Daddy get home."

I shake my head, "No! I'm not sleepy!" Eddie comes and picks me up.

"Please? If you go to sleep we can set everything up for movie night." I shake my head, but yawn. "I want to help," I whine. Eddie gets up, "Tell everyone goodnight. You'll see them in a little bit."

I wave to the others. They tell me goodnight and I hold on to Eddie. "Eddie, I want to help you. I don't want to go to bed." I want to be with my family. I don't want to be left by myself. I want Eddie. "How about this. You can sleep in my room if you want. I'll stay with you till you fall asleep." I nod and hug his neck.

We get to his room and we sit down on his big couch. "Go to sleep, Grace." I curl up in Eddie's arms. I don't want to sleep. I want to stay here. "Please try and go to sleep." I shake my head and hold on to Eddie.

"I'll stay here the whole time if you go to sleep. I won't leave, ok?"

I nod, "Promise?" I ask.

Eddie nods, I smile and kiss his cheek. "I love you Eddie." I mumble as I go to sleep. "I love you too, Gracelyn. I'll always be here for you." I smile and hug him before I fall asleep.