Chapter 63

"Grace," Edward says with a smile as he comes into my room. I rub the sleep away from my eyes as I sit up and groan. I know why he's waking me up.

"Yep, today's the day. We started school last week, so you've got to start today. Emily told me you have to be at her house at eight sharp. I'm here to walk you to the boarder."

He pulls open the curtain and I groan as I shield my eyes from the sun. "It's like six o'clock. Let me sleep." Of course I wouldn't have slept. Edward woke me up just as another nightmare started.

"Willow," Edward calls, hoping she'll come to him, but she just rolls over, ignoring him completely. He sighs, "Get up Grace. It's seven thirty and you've got to change clothes."

"You can get me there in ten seconds," I say as I turn on my side and cuddle Willow. "I'll get ready soon."

He sighs irritably again. I feel fabric thrown on me and Willow growls softly. "Change clothes. I'm not looking."

I huff and sit up, quickly glancing to see if he turned around before changing my clothes and laying back down beside Willow and closing my eyes.

"Oh no you don't," I hear Edward say before slinging me over his shoulder and carrying me. "Come on Willow, let's take Grace to Emily's."

I close my eyes as his body temperature cools down me after my restless sleeping.

"Grace, dear. Eat something before you go," I hear my mother whisper to me quietly, but a I can do is hum in response as, surprisingly,  sleep overtakes me.

"Grace. Grace, wake up. You've got to go to Emily's."

"Don't wake her," a deep voice growls lowly. "She needs all the sleep she can get. Just because you don't need sleep doesn't mean it's not important."

I hear Edward let out an annoyed sigh. "I understand Grace's insomnia, Paul. But she can rest after she gets home. The only reason we are not fighting you on letting her do home school at Emily's is because we know her anxiousness to be around everyone at the moment."

"Then you'll have no problem letting her rest at Emily's. She's barely gotten eighteen hours of sleep in the past four months!"

I control my movement as I hear Paul raise his voice, my thoughts deadly silent so Edward doesn't find out.

"I know that Paul," Edward sneers quietly as I feel him hug me closer to his side. "She showed me everything there was to know. I know she's still suffering, but we're doing the best we can at the moment."

"The best for her was keeping her here with us," Paul growls lowly, his temper barely in place.

"Paul, take Grace to Emily's. Seth's getting anxious with her out here this long, even with perimeter check and him watching her," Jared's voice calls from further away, and I feel me being placed into warm, muscular arms.

I sigh quietly in relief as I feel the heat coming off him, and I cuddle into his stomach.

"Here's her bag," Edward says before doing something, I assume picking up a barking Willow. "Oh, be quiet. Grace will play with you in a little while," he chides before giving her leash to Paul.

"As soon as she finishes, have her calls us so we can meet her here."

"If that's what she wants."

"It's supposed to snow. We would like her home before it does so."

"In that case, she should stay with us. Then she won't have to worry about freezing to death or panicking."

"Paul! Take Grace to Emily's!" Jared shouts again and with one final huff, I feel him carry me off.

The serene sounds of nature along with Paul's warm body and rocking steps, calms me enough to allow me to fall asleep.