Chapter 28

7 years later....... 14 year old Grace.......

"Grace! Get up you lazy butt!" I groan hearing Kate's annoying voice wake me up. Well, not really annoying since she has to sound like stupid wind chimes, but still.

Speaking of that, that's another thing to add to my, "Talk to Seth about this when I see him" list.

Ok, so I know this sounds bad, but yes, I keep a list about all of the weird, irregular things I have noticed about my family. No I haven't said anything, especially if it's a medical condition, but I will ask Seth. He can never lie to me.

"I will throw you out into the snow Grace! Don't make me do it!" I roll my eyes as I get up out of bed. Does she have to wake me up? I was having a dream about La Push.

Suddenly Kate appears in front of me, "Oh, good. You're up. Now get ready." I nod and get my clothes out for my day ahead. I begged Mom not to make me go to school, and somehow she agreed, so I am homeschooled. I don't really like new people and I get anxious around big groups.

As I get ready I hear my phone ring and I grin and hurriedly answer the phone call. "Seth," I say happily as I play with the hair on the toy wolf he gave me before I left.

"Nope, not Seth. Only your favorite Quileute."

I giggle, "Jake! What are you doing with Seth's phone?"

At the same time I hear yelling in the background, "Jacob Black give me my phone before I phase and rip you to shreds."

I smile and say quietly, "Jake, tell Seth to shut up. My family can hear from like a mile away. They don't know, and I've worked hard to keep it that way."

"Grace told you to shut up and that she loves me more!"

I laugh out loud and say giggling, "Jake, give Seth the phone. Poor guy can't out run you."

I hear heavy breathing on the other side of the phone, "Hey! I am greatly offended."

My smile somehow gets brighter and I say, "Seth! I miss you so much!"

I hear him chuckle, "I miss you too Gracie. You're supposed to be here. It's that time of month remember?"

I laugh out loud, "How could I forget? I count down the days until I come back home."

"You still not liking Alaska, Gracie girl?" I grin at the nickname, but hurriedly answer, "No! No that's not it. I love my cousins and Alaska is beautiful, it's just I miss home. It's too cold here, and I never see rain anymore without it turning to snow. There is no beach and no friends. I just like Forks and La Push so much more."

I hear the smile on his face as he says, "Ahh, ok. I get it. You love me too much." I roll my eyes but reply with a smile, "I would rather swim in ice water than to be near you Seth Clearwater."

I hear Seth laugh out loud, "Yeah right. You just admitted for the fiftieth time this year how much you hate the cold. You'd never do that. You love me, just admit it." I smile brightly, "Yeah, I do." 

I hear a hoop of victory from Seth, "I knew you'd admit it. You never let me win."

I grin, "Wait. This is Seth? Crap I thought I was talking to Jake." I hear Jake's laughter fill the air and I start giggling with him as Seth says, "You know what? I'm going to get you for that. I'm going to make you pay."

I giggle as I lay back down on my bed, hugging my wolf. "And how are you going to do that when you are around 2,347 miles away?" I hear the smirk in his voice as he says, "Like this."

Suddenly my door swings open and Seth is standing there, ending the phone call. "Seth!" I scream and jump up into his arms as he spins me around.

I start to cry happy tears and I hug his neck tighter. "I missed you so much Gracie."