Chapter 27

3 years later..... 7 year old Grace.......

"No!" I scream as I wait by the shoreline. This is my first time at a beach, so I am scared.

"Come in Gracie! I won't let anything hurt you! It's fun!" I shake my head, still scared. Seth runs up to me and picks me up before running to the water.

"Seth, no! There are sharks! And I will drown!" I cling on to his neck as he laughs at me. "The sharks aren't this close to the shore, and I'm not letting you go. I promise you won't drown. Come on Grace Grace, let's have a little fun. If you have a bad time your family will not let me take you here again." I sigh and nod. He isn't wrong exactly.

My family isn't the nicest around Jake, Quil, and Embry. I don't know why and no one will tell me, but I have learned not to argue or Edward gets upset. "Here, let's play where you can touch first, then we can play in the sand." I nod and when Seth sets me down I giggle as I feel something funny on my feet.

"What is on my feet! It tickles!" I say giggling. Seth laughs and says, "That's the sand. Wait one second," he quickly picks me up as a big wave comes by us, making sure I don't get pushed under. After we splash around in the water Seth helps me make sand castles before putting our blankets out so we can sit down and rest. I start to shiver, so Seth picks me up and cuddles me and I giggle.

"Hey Sethy?"

"Yeah Gracie?" I smile and cuddle closer, "Can this be our special spot?"

I feel Seth's chest vibrate and he says, "Sure Grace Grace. This can be our special spot. I have something to tell you though, and I need you to be brave ok?"

I start to get scared, but I nod. Seth turns me around and sets me on his lap so I can see him. "Do you know those bedtime stories I have told you? The ones where my people turn into big wolves?"

I giggle and nod quickly, "Yes! They are so cool Sethy! I wish you could do that, then you could be my personal puppy and I could play with you and pet you and....."

Seth interrupts me by laughing. "Well, I'm glad you're excited about that, because I actually can turn into a big wolf. You can not tell anyone what I told you ok? This is a big secret only a few people know." I sit there still for a second before I a smile stretches across my face.

"Really? Can I see? Please Sethy please! I always wanted a puppy!" Seth laughs and picks me up.

"Well you have four puppies now. Jake, Quil, and Embry are wolves too. You'll have even more puppies when you meet the other guys in the pack." I smile and hug Seth's neck.

"Thank you Sethy. You are the best."

Seth gently hugs me back, "What did I do? I just told you something that should have made you run away screaming."

I lay my head on his shoulder and say, "You told me your secret so I could have a puppy. You know how much I love puppies. You gave me what I've always wanted Sethy." I yawn quietly and snuggle closer to my Seth.

"Do you want to stay here for a bit? We can watch the sunset over the water while you fall asleep. Then I'll call Jake to pick us up, ok?" I nod and we sit back down and watch the water.

I hear Seth's phone buzz again and Seth looks nervous. "What Sethy? What's wrong?" Seth clears his throat and shakes his head. "Nothing Gracie girl. Everything's alright. Don't worry." I nod and lay back down, but before he can see I steal his phone and run off.

I see Edward, Emmett, and Jasper have been trying to call him. Emmett even left a few dirty messages. "Gracie I said don't worry about it you little devil!" I hear Seth yell as he runs at me and I giggle. I hit call and Edward picks up immediately.