Chapter 54

Two weeks have past and it has been the best and worse weeks in my three months. I am getting better, being with the pack, but only during the daytime. My nightmares are worse than ever, making me have panic attacks while I sleep. The guys have even been staying up with me to watch movies so I don't have to fall asleep.

Besides the night terrors, the only bad thing in my life is my book. I finished it two days ago and cried all day yesterday, sending the guys into both a laughing and worried fit. Seth has now told me we should play the 'Real or Not Real' game like Peeta did, but using my dreams and flashbacks as both the question and the answer. Basically he calms me down, I tell him what I was worried about, and he says 'Not Real'. I think he's trying to be my therapist.

Right now, I'm having one of my bad days. I locked my room so no one can come in. I don't have many bad days anymore, but when I do, they are really bad. I took a shower earlier trying to make myself feel better, but it didn't help much. I think it's around supper time right now, but I'm not completely sure. I can't go downstairs. I'm too afraid everything is fake.

I'm sitting at my window and looking outside at the trees when I hear excited voices from downstairs.

"Gracie! Come down here please!" My breathing hitches my hands shake.

"Not right now Seth," I say loudly in a shaky voice.

My door is thrown open and Seth comes in with a huge smile. "Come on, Bella's here."

My eyes tear up, "Not right now."

Seth sighs and crouches down to my height. "I know you're having one of your bad days, but Bella brought you something that I guarantee you and Laurent have never seen before."

I shake my head slightly and he holds my hand tightly, "Warmth. It's real. We're all here with you, and we have something for you that you'll really like. It's something you've always wanted too."

I sniffle and nod my head as I try to control my breathing. "There you go. Ok, I'm going to go downstairs. Come down when you're ready."

I nod again and when he leaves I fix my eyes to make them less puffy. When I'm done, I make myself look happier even though I know all the guys heard my crying fest this morning.

When I get down the stairs all the guys are crowding around the door, a chorus of 'hellos' ring through the air and I give them a small smile. "Hi guys."

Seth grins and says, "Bella brought you something."

"She didn't have to do that," I say as I get embarrassed. I don't need the pity. I'm not sick or anything. Just dramatic even though I don't try to be.

"I know I didn't, but I wanted to," Bella says as the guys step away from the door and she walks through. My eyes fill up with tears and I cover my mouth with my hands as I let out a sob.

A small bark rings through the air and a middle sized puppy wags its tail in Bella's arms. She sets it down and it jogs up to me. I fall on my knees and bury my face into it's fur as it licks my face.

I dry my tears as it sits down in front of me and it's tongue falls out of it's mouth as it pants. I look up at Bella and the pack with tear-filled eyes. "How...how did you? Where did you...." I look back at the puppy to see a harness with the words In Training written on the side. (Up top/to side)

I freeze, my eyes hardening as I realize what's happening. I stand up and glare at Seth. "You got me a therapy dog!"

Everyone cringes at my yelling voice, the loudest voice I've used in three months.

"Well.. I mean, yeah! Well, it wasn't technically one in the beginning, but it's been in training for two months, so a little bit longer and...."

"Stop! Just stop! I'm not some.... therapy patient!"