Chapter 75

"Gracie! Guess what time it is," Seth sings as he barges into my room.

I whine slightly as I turn over on my bed and hide my face into my pillow.

"No, no. Get up. You and I both know it's lunch time. Em's grilled chicken smells amazing! Come on, get up."

"Sethy, please," I whine again before lightly coughing.

It's been almost a week since the pack came over to talk to me and I've been getting better and better ever since. Normal food is easier to get down now, and I'm able to walk by myself for a little bit before getting tired and weak. I also am able to talk, but I still have a slight burn in my throat and a cough. That's what I'm trying to get rid of. My cough, hurt throat, and weakness. Then I'll be set to stop eating that gross meat.

"Gracie, please. You're almost done. Then you won't have to have another piece of meat until you need it again, ok?" Seth says with a grin as his head pops in front of my face. I start to smile at his facial expression, but quickly turn my head away.

"Let me sleep, Seth."

Seth dramatically sighs, "I didn't want to have to do this, but you left me no choice." I slowly turn over, skeptically, but as soon as we make eye contact, Seth pounces.

I start dying of laughter, tears falling out of my eyes as he tickles me. "S... Seth... St.... Stop!"

"Are you gonna stop hiding from me and come eat lunch with us?"

I let out a cough through the laughter and Seth stops his attack as he notices my erratic breaking. "Can," I huff as I try to control my breathing while wiping my stray tears. "Can we go on a run after?"

Seth's smile falls a bit as he removes his heavy body from me and helps me sit up. "I don't think you should run, but if you want to go with someone else..."

I smile and nod, and Seth lets out a small relieved breath. Seth has been very, very protective of me for the past week and I doubt he will stop. Not that I mind, I'm rather clingy myself. We're each other's safe haven. I'm nothing without Seth.

"Alright, my amazing imprint. Let's get this show on the road."

I groan dramatically and throw my head on his shoulder. He laughs and stands up, wrapping his arm around my shoulders as we walk down the stairs together.

My family and the pack are scattered across the living room, both sides randomly conversing. Dad and Sam have been working on fixing the treaty. At first it was going to be the same as before, with only allowing me across, but with everyone getting along and becoming more understanding, Sam is thinking about removing the treaty completely. My family wouldn't be allowed over all the time, but they wouldn't be completely banned from going to La Push.

"Gracie girl! There you are," Embry says with a grin as he spots me and Seth coming down the stairs. "We've been waiting on you to eat! We're hungry!"

I roll my eyes as I laugh quietly, "You guys are always hungry." Seth nudges me with a big grin on his face, "Hey, now. When you're as charming as us, you have a big appetite."

I grin up at him as we reach the kitchen and I quickly walk over to my mom and Emily. "There's our girl!" Emily says happily as she pulls me into a big hug and kisses the top of my head. "We've got a big day ahead of us. Tonight we're having a bonfire and I need my taste tester to help me out in the kitchen, ok?"

I nod excitedly. I can't wait for the bonfire! We'll have s'mores and hamburgers, I can't wait!

"Come on, let's eat before it gets cold," Seth says with a wink before leading me to a chair and sitting directly beside me, sliding our chairs closer when he thinks I'm not paying attention.