Chapter 34

6 months later.........

"Paul! Put me down you idiot!" I say laughing as he runs with me over his shoulder.
"As you wish..." he says cheekily and I scream just as I go under the water.

I come up coughing and I hear Seth growling at Paul about taking it easy since my lungs are still weak. I blink the water out of my eyes and run up to Paul as he turns around to apologize and I kola hug him, my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist.

"Arg! You're wet!" I giggle and ring out my shirt and hair all over him as he tries to throw me off of him gently.

"Who's fault is that, hmm?" I say and jump down and run to Seth who is acting like he doesn't want a hug, but I can tell he is relieved I'm ok. He's been really protective since my "incident" as everyone is calling it.

"Come here. You're gonna catch a cold because of that devil," Seth says glaring at Paul as he wraps a towel around me and hugs me to his side.

I giggle, "Seth, I'm not going to catch a cold." Paul jogs up to us and sits on my other side and leans against me slightly. "Yeah, Seth. She's not going to catch a cold. It's the start of August. School time for our Gracie girl."

I roll my eyes and groan slightly, "Don't remind me. Today was supposed to be worry free. That's the whole reason for my siblings letting me come hang out with you, remember?"

Edward really hates Paul for some reason, so whenever Paul is around, Seth has to be five feet away. He claims it's because he has anger issues, but Paul is always goofy around me, so I don't know.

Paul chuckles at my actions and says, "You start tomorrow, Grace. Too late to back out now." I sigh loudly and lean my head on Seth's shoulder.

"Do you think Mom would homeschool me again?"

I feel Seth's chest vibrate with silent laughter, "Considering you have asked every day for two months, I'm going to say no. Besides, you promised your siblings you would go this time."

I groan again, "I hate when you're right," I grumble and Paul grins at me. "Come on. Let's go see Em before we take you home. Jared and Embry will be off patrol soon. They'll want to see you before you start your first day as a freshman.

I glare at him and he grins before jumping up and dropping a hand down to help me up. I gladly accept and we walk hand and hand, Seth trailing behind, trying to keep up as he hauls all of our junk we brought.

I glance back at him, holding back a laugh as I see him looking like a struggling parent at Disney World.

As we reach the woods Paul grins and runs off until he comes back as his grey wolf. I smile and run up to him and pet his head

He nods for me to get on his back, but I hear a voice from behind say, "No Paul. You'll carry the bags. I don't trust you." Paul growls lowly at Seth and I hug Paul's wolf neck.

"Aww, Sethy. Paul's not going to knock me off. He's very careful." Paul grumbles lowly and nudges my head softly.

"I know he won't, but you just got your casts off and strength back, so we have to take extra precautions. This meaning I'm carrying you back and that's final."