Chapter 55

"Come on Seth, please don't make us go!"

"Willow! Get in the car!" Seth says, Willow jumping into the front seat happily, and he throws me over his shoulders.

"You're worse than the dog. I swear," he says and literally throws me into the passenger side before slamming my door shut.

I roll down my window and as Seth pulls out of the driveway I yell, "Save me! I'm being kidnapped! The new best friend position is now open! Please!"

"Buckle up, Grace." Seth says exasperatedly and I pout while buckling up.

"I don't see why we have to go to this. It's not even required, I looked it up."

Seth sighs loudly and gives me a small glare before focusing on the road again. "I told you, we're going and that's that. Besides, if she learns everything today, then we won't have to go back. She already learned the basics, now is just the important stuff."

I look into the backseat to see Willow happily panting while looking out the window. I click my tongue and she barks, trying to sit in the front with me. I get and and put her in my lap and she watches the window from my side while wagging her tail.

I hear Seth sigh one more time before saying softly, "Just let me do this, ok? These next few lessons are the ones that I really want her to know. When she gets them down, then she won't have to go back anymore, I promise. Just... Let me do this. Please?"

I look over at him and he begs me with his eyes. I nod, "Ok. I'll go to as many as you want. But only once a week!"

Seth starts to smile a bit. "Twice an week and you've got a deal."

"But it's so far away," I groan and Seth laughs, causing me to laugh with him.

When we pull up, Willow is asleep on my lap with her head resting on the door handle. "Aww, Seth. Look at the baby! She's sleeping."

Seth looks over with a smile before opening his door and getting out. I sigh and unbuckle myself before picking Willow up and carrying her. Seth looks at me and sighs before clipping on her leash and setting her on the ground, waking her up.

Willow looks up at me and I say in a voice I only use for her, "I know baby. Seth's a meanie. After we're done we can snuggle." She pants and wags her tail and I grin. Her favorite thing is to cuddle, just like me. We are literally made for each other.

We walk towards a small building and I start to get anxious. I've never liked tight spaces and big crowds before, but after my attack, it's worse than ever. Seth notices and sets Willow in my arms before wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"Hello, Judy." Seth says with a smile when we walk up to a woman with silver hair and a sweet smile.

"Seth! It's so good to see you again. And you as well Miss Willow. Now who might you be?" She asks me and I give her a tight smile and go to respond.

"This is Grace. She's my friend I was talking about, the owner to Willow. I thought you might be able to use her to help finish the rest of Willow's training."

The woman, Judy, nods and smiles at me. "Yes! That would be lovely. The last things we have to work on are recognizing anxiety, how to disrupt anxious habits, and deep pressure therapy. All these are really helpful when you are alone, or when you are in a room with people who don't know how to calm you, or just to calm you in general. What will really be helpful is if we can use you as our example so Willow can work on how to calm you personally."

"Okay," I say quietly with a nod, not looking forward to discussing my anxiety and panic attacks at all.

"Great! We can go over to this couch and we'll have you sit there while Willow is in the floor beside you." I sit down while Willow lays on the floor beside me and Seth and Judy are off to the side watching.