Chapter 15

As we pull into the movie theater we sit and wait for the girl's car to pull up. I sit still, my eyes flashing everywhere, trying to see the exact moment they pull up so I can get to Grace.

"Stop getting anxious Edward," Jasper says to me and I just sigh. I hear a little girl's inner monologue in the distance and I know instantly it's Grace. She's thinking about different Disney songs, but also about all of us. That thought is a reaccuring one of hers it seems. As their car pulls into the theater, I hear them all singing along to disney songs.

We all hop out to meet our mates. "Eddie!" I hear Gracelyn call and I see her running to meet me. I kneel down and she runs into my arms. I toss her into the air and she giggles as she falls back into my arms.

"Hello, princess. Was that Lion King I heard you singing to?" She nods her head and giggles some more. "We sang songs and had a contest! Allie sang the best!"

Alice laughs and tickles Grace's side. "No I didn't. You sang the best out of us all, Princess Grace." She blushes and wraps her arms around my neck.

"Well, princess. Would you like to go see a movie?" She smiles big and nods. We all laugh as we go into the movie theater.

Once we walk in and pay I see Emmett and Jasper getting popcorn and candy while Alice and Rosalie get drinks. I go into the movie room with Carlisle and Esme. We find a good row of seats and I put Grace into her own seat just to watch her climb over to sit on my lap.

"Can I sit with you?" She whispers to me and I nod. She curls up, her head facing the large television screen that is playing ads.

Soon after we find our seats, the rest of my family fill in and sit beside us. Emmett sits beside me and Grace on my left, and Jasper on my right. Rose beside Emmett, and Alice beside Jasper, while Carlisle and Esme sit in front of us.

"Hey, squirt. Look what we got. Snacks!" Emmett says and Grace grins at him. He smiles and hands her all the snack he got.

"I can't eat all this Emmy! You have to help me!"

I laugh and mumble under my breath, "Yeah, Emmy. Help eat a thousand pounds worth of snacks."

He growls lowly under his breath before flashing his signature smile at Grace. "Ok. Me and Rose will eat some if Jasper and Alice eat the rest. Oh, and Edward has to help you eat some."

She nods and gives everyone their food. I smile at her and she smiles back. "What movie are we watching, Eddie?" She whispers to me as we see people filling into the room.

"The new princess movie that just came out. The one you wanted to see."

She gasps, "Really! Yay!" I smile at her as she laughs and starts to get comfy in my arms. I smile down at the girl as she watches the screen closely. I laugh to myself, all we needed to do was take her to a movie theater. I look through her thoughts and they're just about us. She's thinking about to the dreams she had and about the wolves. She's scared of them. Well, all of them but Jake and Billy.

"Grace. Are you ok?" I whisper to her, gaining the attention of my family. She nods her head, but presses herself closer to me. I wrap my long arm around her and she leans her head against it.

"Eddie," Grace whispers, the whole family listening in on our conversation. "Yes, Grace?" I whisper in to her ear.

"Do you get scared sometimes?" My lips lift up at the ends.

"I do. I get scared when your hurt or not happy. I get scared when your scared." I say simply to her, telling the truth the whole time.

"I get scared about you, Mommy and Daddy. Rosie, Allie, Jazzy, and Emmy too. I'm scared for you." She whispers pitifully.

"You don't need to worry about us Grace. We can take care of you and ourselves. No need to fret, princess. We'll always be here to love and protect you. I promise." I hear her sigh and snuggle closer to me.

By the time the movie ends Grace's eyes are fluttering closed and Emmett is mixing all of the drinks and foods together to make his "creation."

"What are you doing," Rosalie hisses at Emmett, "Grace could want some more popcorn and soda."

I hear Emmett chuckle and point at me where I have some popcorn and candy saved for Grace for later. "And Grace doesn't need anymore soda. This isn't healthy food for her." Esme scolds us.

"Let her live a little Esme. This is the first time the kid has even left the house." Emmett says and chuckles.

He's right, though. Grace hasn't had a normal childhood. She's living with vampires who can't go out in the sun and don't eat food. She's at the age where she's confused if we're just her best friends or her siblings, which we're not sure what to tell her, being my mate and all.

If we tell her we're siblings, then I can never tell her she's my mate. We can't tell her we're vampires, so we can't tell her she's my mate. The older she gets the more she's going to wonder why we all stay at the same house if we're not related. She's been thinking about this question more and more, we'll probably have to answer her question soon, but we have no idea what to say.

"We need to get going. She's had a very eventful week." Carlisle says as him and Esme stand up, arm in arm. We all get up from our seats and I cradle Grace to me. She stirs and wraps her arms and legs around me. I smile and hold on to her as our family leaves the theater.