Chapter 51

Seth's POV

"Do you know what she was dreaming about?" I ask Alice as I pace by the bathroom door.

"No, but it has to be bad. We have to keep her calm, Seth. She can't have a panic attack." I nod and run a hand through my hair. I let out a deep sigh but freeze when I feel my chest tighten. My heart squeezes and I gasp. The imprint bond.

"Gracie! Open the door!" I bang on the door as the bond tightens my chest since she's in pain.

"She's having a panic attack! She's hurting!" I say to Jasper and Alice as I keep on banging on the door.

"Get her out of there!" Jasper yells and I back up, getting ready to break the door.

I rock back on my heels twice then I press forward. As soon as my shoulder touches the door, it opens wide. Just in time, I stop myself and grab Grace into a hug.

"Can't...." She chokes out and I squeeze her to my chest. "I know. Breath, Gracelyn. Listen to my heartbeat. Slow breaths. Breath with me."

She shakes her head and I hug her closer as a tear slips down my eye at the sight of my imprint. "Shh. It's alright, Focus on something. Something easy to start with," I whisper to her.

Grace's POV

"Focus on colors, Grace. Find three colors."

My widened eyes search around panicked for colors. My head turns every where looking for something until I spot bright red, pink, and yellow.

I relax a bit as I find it and Seth says, "What colors do you see?"

I listen to his heart and breath in deeply as I try to match my breathing to his. When it starts to slow down I tightly say, "Red, pink, yellow."

"Good, that's good Grace. Keep breathing. Focus on different objects now. Find your siblings. Look at them. Look at the flowers you saw the colors in. Breathe, you're ok. I'm right here. Shh, it's ok."

I stare at the red, pink, and yellow blobs until they focus and I can see the flowers. Next, I focus on the blurry figures of my siblings. After what seems like an hour, I can see them standing a few feet away. I squeeze my eyes tightly and hug Seth tighter as my heart rate goes down to somewhat normal.

I relax my shoulders slightly as I keep sucking in gulps of air. I feel Seth lift me and cradle me to his chest before sitting down with me in his lap.

I place my ear over his beating heart as I try to slow my breathing and thoughts. Tomorrow. I've got to distract them tomorrow, because there is no way they're going to let me leave the room today. I relax and lean fully onto Seth's side and he hugs me close.

"Shh, it's alright. I'm right here. You're safe." I let a tear slip out of my eye as I laugh in my head. Oh how wrong you are Seth. I am most definitely not safe. No one is until they get what they want. Me.

"I brought your Hunger Games book, Grace. Want to to read it?" I nod my head and Jasper hands it to him before sitting beside me.

"'When I wake up, the other side of the bed is cold,'" Seth says in a hushed tone and I lay my head on his shoulder and close my eyes.

As he reads to me quietly, I slowly start to cry. This is the last time I'm going to be with Seth. My best friend. My personal puppy dog. But if that dream was true, it won't matter. To him at least.

Seth hugs me tighter as he reads to me in quiet voices. When Alice comes back into the room, she carries a bag with food in it for me and Seth. "Eat up you two. Especially you Seth. You're in charge tomorrow. I've got to go shopping and Jazz is coming with just in case. We're locking you two inside," she says and giggles.