Chapter 21

Edward's Pov

The bell for lunch rings and I rush out of the classroom. I look around the parking lot, seeing no human, and sprinting to the Volvo. I crank it up and start calling for my siblings.

In 30 seconds tops they are all in the car and I am speeding down the road. "Calm down Edward. We'll get there in time." I speed up.

As soon as I make it to the school I park directly in front of the doors. I sigh, thankful they haven't let the kids out yet. I turn when I hear the sound of Jacob's Rabbit.

I grin triumphantly when I see both Seth and Jake looking disappointed. They park right beside us and get out of the car.

"Aww man! I though we would get here first! I told you to speed up Jake." Seth says accusingly.

I chuckle quietly, but hear Emmett say, "Ask Edward how fast he drove to get here." Seth looks over at me and has his mouth wide open. "No fair!"

Jacob chuckles and pats him on the back. "Don't worry Seth. It can't be that fast. He is a grandfather." I glare at him and say to Seth, "Try 140."

Seth glares and crosses his arms in a child like manner. "Next time you better listen to me Jake. Or I will drive myself." We all grin knowingly, and Jacob says, "Seth. You just turned fifteen. You can't drive yourself."

Seth huffs, "Yeah, well I'll just get Embry to ride with me. You're no fun." We all laugh and Seth holds back his smile. I listen closely and hear Grace's inner monolog.

"Wow! This color and this color makes a pretty color! I need to draw something else for Eddie with this color!" I gasp.

"Hurry and open your backpacks before she comes out. I forgot to tell you to look at it. She said she put something in there for us to look at, at lunch." We all rush to open our bags as Seth and Jake come closer to get a good look at what Grace put in our bags.

Emmett gets his out first and starts laughing. I look down at my own and smile brightly. "What? What did she get you?" I smile as we all show our homemade cards to Seth. Mine has a prince on it, and it says, "Love you Eddie" in Grace's scribbled handwriting, no doubt with Esme's help.

Emmett has a bear on his, Jasper has a horse, Rosalie a flower, and Alice a butterfly, all of them saying how much she loved us. Seth frowns slightly, "Well I want a picture." Jake grins and nudges his shoulder.

The last bell of the day rings at exactly 12:00 and we all jump up, ready to go get Grace.

I hear Grace packing her things up, and wondering who is going to pick her up. We all hear little feet start to run, but is abruptly stop. We strain to hear what is going on.

"Grace, you have to wait here until your parents come get you."

Grace's voice quiver, "But my friends are coming to get me. They didn't know they have to come here." We all quickly glance at each other.

"Then you will have to wait here until they come get you." We hear her sniffle and sit down. Just like that we are all walking as fast as we can to the office doors.

The receptionist looks shocked when she sees seven teenagers, who should all be in school, at her door. "We are here to pick up Gracelyn Cullen," I say as nicely as possible.

"All of you?" She says amazed. "Yes Ma'am, that is correct. What room is she in?" Jasper says, and giving her a dazzling smile. The receptionist begins to calm down slightly and nods her head.

"Umm... room 7. Would you like me you show you the way?" Seth bouncing up and down in anticipation and says quickly, "No thank you. We can find it." And he starts to rush down the hall, all of us on his tail.