Chapter 6

Edward's Pov (toddler Grace)

"Eddie!" Grace screams and she runs into my arms. "Emmy's trying to get me!" I laugh and hold her close.

"What are we going to do? We can't have Emmy get you." She shakes her head and smiles a little. "We can sneak up on him and I will jump on his back!" She whispers to me.

I mumble to Emmett, "Got that?" He hums in response and I nod.

"Ok. Let's go sneak up on Emmy." I walk slowly and she shushes me. I smile and nod. We tiptoe to where Emmett's at and he says, "Grace? Where are you?"

Grace giggles quietly and she leans forward. I gently set her on his back and she grabs on to his neck tightly. "Ahhh!!! Someone's on by back!!" Emmett cries and Grace giggles.

"I got you Emmy!" He laughs and throws her up into the air. "Now I've got you!" She laughs and tries to run out of him arms.

"Put me down, Emmy! Eddie will get you in trouble!" He laughs and tickles her. "No he won't. I can run away fast. He can't catch me." I chuckle under my breath knowing that is the complete opposite.

"Eddie is faster," Grace says all sassy and puts her hands on her hips. I laugh and pick her up from behind. "You know I am." She giggles and sees Alice, Rosalie, and Jasper coming back from hunting.

"Rosie! Allie! Jazzy!" She cries and jumps from my arms she runs over to meet my siblings and they smile. "Hi, Grace. Have you been playing with Emmett and Edward?" She nods and jumps into Rosalie's arms.

"Mmhm. Emmy's trying to get me, but I told him Eddie would get him in trouble." Rosalie smiles and kisses her head.

"Your right. Emmy shouldn't be trying to get you, now should he." She shakes her head and runs over to Jasper. "Hello, darlin'." He says and she giggles.

"I like it when you say that. You sound like a cowboy, Jazzy." He grins and lifts her up. "Well, maybe I am." She laughs and shakes her head. "You don't have a hat. And you don't ride a horsie."

He smiles, "Let me show you something." She smiles and holds his hand as they walk back into the house. I stay outside with the others as Jasper shows Grace his "cowboy hats."

I walk over to Emmett with a grin on my face, "That kid's going to get you in trouble, Emmett."

He laughs, "Tell me about it. Already blackmailing me." I smile and look towards the house.

"You know, I'm glad you found your mate. Your happier. Not as grumpy." He says and laughs.

I smile, "She makes us all happier." I hear little feet padder across the floor and see Grace running out of the house. "Eddie! Jazzy's got cowboy hats!" I smile and lift her up.

"Really? Wow! Did you try one on?" She nods excitedly and smiles at me. "I was thinking after Daddy gets home we could watch a movie all together."

She whispers to me like she's keeping a big secret. "I'm not sure, it'll be past your bedtime," I whisper back.

She smiles bigger, "I know, but if we ask everyone else they might help us let Mommy and Daddy do it!" She whispers excitedly.

I laugh, "We'll have to see. Who do you want to ask first?" She looks around and thinks. "I'm going to go ask Allie."

I nod, "Good idea." She giggles and puts a finger up to her lips, "Shh, Eddie. Don't tell anybody." I smile and nod. I laugh as she goes to Alice and whispers the "secret" into her ear.

What she doesn't know is that everyone already heard her plan and is going to agree to it. Once she tells everyone but Emmett she comes back over to me.

"I just have to ask Emmy. He probably won't say yes unless I let him tickle me." She says and looks down sadly. I smile and lift her up, "Let's go see then."

She looks at me with wild eyes, "I don't want Emmy to tickle me!"

I smile, "Don't worry. I'll protect you." She smiles and hugs me.

When we go over there all of my siblings are waiting for her. She smiles at the rest of my family like she just did something she wasn't supposed to.

"What? Does everyone know a secret I don't?" Emmett asks surprised. Grace nods and motions for him to bend down. When Emmett and Grace are face to face she tells him, "Emmy. I want to have a movie night tonight, but Mommy and Daddy won't let me because it's past my bedtime. I asked everyone if they could help me make Mommy and Daddy say yes. Will you help me?" She asks and puts on puppy dog eyes.

I smirk at Emmett and he mumbles, "No one can resist the puppy dog eyes."

He sighs, "I guess I could help you but," he says and Grace smiles nervously, "you have to sit next to me during the movie." He finishes and Grace jumps up and down.

"Yes! Movie night! Movie night!" She chants as her red hair bounces up and down. We all laugh and she says, "Let's play hide and seek. Emmy's it!"

She runs away as fast as her little legs can go and we all act like we're running away from him to go hid. We all hid and I realize that I can't see Grace. I listen closely and hear her heart beating and sigh. She's close.

I hear her running back to base when she doesn't see Emmett coming. She runs and trips. She whines and bit, but keeps on running until she gets to base. "I'm here," she says, but her voice is full of tears.

I rush over and smell a faint scent of blood. "Get Jasper out of her." I say quietly and frantically. I hear them pull Jasper away and I walk over to Grace. "What's wrong princess?" I ask and kneel down.

"I got a boo boo," she says and sniffles. "Let me see." I lift her up and see she scratched her knee and hands. "I'm sorry. Does it hurt?" She nods, but doesn't let any tears fall.

"I'll kiss it. It'll make it better." She nods and I kiss her knee and her hands. "All better?" I say with a smile. She tries to smile as she says, "Not really, but you made me feel happy."

I smile and take her inside, "Ok. We'll go into Daddy's doctor office and find a band aid. We'll play doctor. I'll be doctor you be patient." She nods and smiles a bit. I sit her on Carlisle's desk and I grab his emergency kit in his room. I take out bandages, ointment, and the hydrogen peroxide.

"Ok baby girl this might sting a little. Be brave for me, ok?" She nods and I pour the peroxide over her knee. She whimpers and tears fall, but she doesn't cry out. I gently pour it over her hands too and watch as the peroxide gets all the dirt out of the scratched areas. I wipe the tears off her face and kiss both her cheeks.

"I know that hurt, but you were very brave. It won't hurt anymore ok?" She nods and I finish cleaning her up.

After I put the last band aid on her hand I say, "All done. You were so brave you get a lollipop." I hand her a lollipop I snuck from the kitchen on our way over and hand it to her. She giggles and jumps into my arms.

"Thank you Eddie. You made me feel better."

I smile and hug her a tiny bit tighter, "Your welcome, princess. Now, I think that you should eat some lunch and take a nap. If we're going to have a big movie night you need to be rested."

She smiles and nods, "Can I have a picnic outside?" She asks sweetly.

I nod, "I'll make you a picnic outside." She grins and holds on to me as we leave the "doctor's office".