Chapter 59

"Come on Willow. I know you don't want to, but we have to go." Willow ignores me and continues to take out each of her toys I throw into a bag.

"Please listen," I beg as I throw her toys back into the bag. She growls and tosses them back out.

"Fine! Fine! Stay here then." I say on the verge of tears as I dump all her toys on the floor and grab my suitcase, carrying it downstairs.

When I step off the last step, the pack is waiting for me with sad eyes. "Don't worry you guys. I'm not moving away or anything. I'll be back every single day and then some."

Emily wipes a stray tear before clearing her throat. "Alright. Me and Sam will drop you off. I already made supper for the guys, so I'll take your plate with us for you to eat there. Where's Willow?"

I let out an angry huff, "She refuses to leave. I'm going to get a dog house so she can sleep outside and I'll be over every day to feed her."

"You know she won't want you to leave her," Seth says wearily, but I shrug. "When she wants to be by me, she'll decide to be by me. At the moment she couldn't give a crap if I left or not."

The pack shake their heads at me, but I just roll my bag towards the door, throwing it into the backseat and stepping outside to tell everyone goodbye.

I give everyone a hug, and when I step away with Sam, Emily, and Seth I see Willow looking at the from the doorway.

"Traitor," I tell her before climbing into the backseat with Seth, Sam driving off.

I hug Seth's stomach and he hugs me tightly. "I'm going to stay the night as much as I can, alright?" I nod as I try not to burst into tears. "You know she loves you, right Grace? She won't last a day without being beside you."

I nod, not believing him one bit. She's supposed to be my cuddle buddy. The one to keep me warm while I'm away. Now I'm just going to have to rely on myself for that.

When we pull up, we get out of the car. Emily gives me a tight hug, "I've given your food to Seth."

"Thanks Em. I'll see you tomorrow." She pulls away and kisses my head, "You better. Muffins are done bright and early in the morning."

I grin at her while pulling my suitcase, "I know Em." I go to Sam and throw my arms around him tightly and he squeezes me back. "The boys have already started on a trail that leads from our house to yours. One of us will be patrolling it daily, so no need to worry about getting lost or anything. I'll see you tomorrow, pup."

"See you tomorrow Sammy. Make sure Willow doesn't keep you up and when the boys are gone, watch Hallmark with Emily for me, ok?"

Sam nods with a small smile before kissing my head lightly. "Just because you're not under my roof, doesn't mean my rules still don't apply to you. No straining that back missy, you got it?"

I grin and give him a salute, "Sam, yes Sam." He grins at me before getting in the car and driving away with Emily.

"Alright, Gracie. Let's get everything situated." I nod and hold Seth's hand as we walk into the house. My family speed towards me, causing me to flinch slightly and squeeze Seth's hand harder. Seth let's go of my hand and wraps his arm around me.

"We're so happy you're back home," my mother says giving me a soft hug. I tense up, patting her back awkwardly as I try to calm myself. It's real, it's real. It may not be warm, but it's real.

When she moves away I try to give them a small smile. "I need to unpack," I start walking slowly up the stairs, Seth helping me.

When we get to my room I sit on the bed with a shaky sigh. Why do vampires have to be so cold? Seth lays my bag down and wraps me into his arms. "I know, Gracie. But it's real, I promise."