Chapter 40

When me and Edward get to the hospital Edward starts to laugh, "Shh, be quiet. Follow me." I grin and we tip toe around the corner.

"What are you doing?" I hear a woman say. I peak my head around to see Seth with a bandaged arm and a braced foot hobbling towards the back exit door.

"Oh, um. Hi. Is this not the front exit? Silly me. I'll just go out the front." I cover my mouth to hold back my giggle as I see the woman raise an eyebrow at him.

"Why are you out of bed? You just got here an hour ago."

"I'm all healed, see. Dr. Cullen let me go." I see Seth try to side step the nurse, but she blocks his path again.

"No, no young man. It says you're to stay here till the morning since it was so late when you arrived."

"I'm fine. If you will excuse me, I really have somewhere else to be."

"No, sir. Let me help you back to your room..."

"I don't want or need to go back to my room! I've got somewhere to be thank you very much, so I really would appreciate it if you moved out of my way so I could see my best friend."

A small smile forms on my face and Edward glances down with an 'I told you so' look. I roll my eyes at him and glance back at the show. Man do I wish I had some popcorn right now. It's starting to get good!

"I bet she'll come see you tomorrow, hunny. Now Dr. Cullen wouldn't like you to be on that foot, now would he?"

"Dr. Cullen wouldn't like for you to make me mad Ma'am! So if you would please!" He says and tries to storm past her, towards our way. I giggle a little too loudly and their heads turn to my direction.

"Come on, Sethy. Listen to Angie, she knows what she's doing." Seth grins and runs, well as much as he can, up to me and hugs me so tightly that I am lifted off the floor.

"I'm so, so, so sorry. I promise I won't ever get mad at you again and I won't keep any more secrets and I will do anything. I will get you ice cream and take you to the beach. I will take you on the new motor bike me and Jake fixed, I promise I'll...." I cover his mouth with my hand.

"Easy tiger. You've got to get to your room before my Dad finds out."

"He already has," I peak from behind Seth to see Dad standing there with his arms crossed and I giggle. "Seth Clearwater your now not released from the hospital till tomorrow evening."

Seth quickly lets me go and turns to face him and I start to giggle even more at the horror struck look on his face. As Seth starts complaining, I skip up to Carlisle.

"Hi, Daddy," I say and hug his neck. "Hello, Sweetheart. I see you decided to come after all." I blush and look away as Edward comes up and smiles down at me. "Yeah, Edward helped." Carlisle smiles and kisses my head, "Good. Now let's go on home. I assume you haven't had supper yet?" I shake my head and he grabs my hand, walking me towards the door.

"Great! Me either. So, what are we eating tonight?" Seth says as he wraps his arm around my shoulders. "You get whatever is at the cafeteria. You're still stuck here, Seth." My dad says and I grin and lean into his side

  "Aww, Carlisle. You know I've already healed. Why leave me here when you know I'm alright. If there's a patient in need, they will need my room." I roll my eyes at Seth's statement as Edward laughs.

"Seth, there are fifteen other rooms available." Seth glares at him before focusing on my Dad again. "Please Carlisle. I've got to talk to Abby. Please." I look downwards, not looking forward to our future conversation.