Chapter 35

"Be good. Stay by your siblings. And please, please don't worry. You're going to be ok." I roll my eyes into the mirror as my mom stands behind me, doing my hair while giving me yet another pep talk.

"Mom, this is the fifth pep talk you've given me today. If anything you're making me more nervous than before!" Esme laughs and tucks a final strand into my braid and smiles at her finished product.

"Well, then. I won't give you another pep talk. Let's get going; you're going to ride with Edward, Jasper, and Alice in the Volvo. Emmett wants to ride in the Jeep," she says with a fond roll of her eyes. I smile brightly, putting on my best innocent face, "Can I ride in the Jeep?"

Mom laughs loudly, "Of course not. You still have two months before you're allowed back into it." I pout playfully and she kisses my head before grabbing my hand, walking us down the stairs.

So...maybe me and Emmett snuck off one night to go mudding and didn't tell anyone, so now I am not allowed to ride in the Jeep for four months. I honestly don't know how we didn't get caught, but we didn't and we had so much fun.

"I still don't see why I'm the only one punished for that! Why doesn't Emmett have to be banned from the Jeep?" Esme smiles as she hands me a plate of fruit, "He would have been as well if he didn't pay for it himself."

I start eating, and once I'm done my siblings come in after hunting and changing clothes. "Let's go Princess. We need to be on time for your first day." I roll my eyes at him as I grab my bag, "It's also your first day as well."

I hug Esme, "Bye Mom. I'll see you later."

"Be good. Listen to your siblings." I nod with a smile and kiss her cheek. "I will, I love you." Esme kisses my head before shoving us all out the door yelling at everyone to be careful.

When we pull up, every head in the parking lot turns to us. My breath catches in my throat and suddenly my nerves skyrocket. We step out of the car and Alice, giddy as ever, skips over to Jasper's side, hugging his arm. "A new school! I think we're going to like it here Jazz."

I timidly walk over towards everyone while mumbling, "I wish I was homeschooled." Edward smiles down at me and I hug his arm like Alice is doing to Jasper, just not out of happiness. I feel Jasper calm me down some and I glance over at him and try to give him a reassuring smile, but it comes out as a grimace.

"You're going to be fine, Grace Grace. Calm down," Rose says from behind me as she pats my head affectionately. I nod and Emmett comes besides her and puts a hand on my shoulder. "Come on, let's get our schedules. People have been staring for too long."

I nod at Edward's statement and he wraps his arm around my shoulders as we bring up the rear going towards the office. When we get in there, an older woman is at the desk. "How may I help you...." She drifts off once she sees my siblings and all of their perfect vampire glory.

"Hi! We are the Cullens. Our adoptive parents, Esme and Carlisle Cullen registered us a few months ago. We are just here to get our schedules," Alice says in her chime-like voice.
"Oh, um, yes. Yes, yes. Right here. Let's see now," she says as she continuously glances up at my brothers, earning quite a few harsh looks come from Rosalie, "Ok, so here are Alice and Emmett, then the twins Jasper and Rosalie Hale. Now let me find the two separate ones...."

I cringe inwardly being called a "separate one." I knew before hand the set up. Alice and Emmett would pose as real siblings, Jasper and Rose as twins, while Edward is Jasper's cousin and I am the loner. Great.

"Ah! Here it is... Edward Mason and Gracelyn Cullen. I hope you enjoy it here at Forks and come to me if you have any trouble," she says and hands us our schedules.