Chapter 65

"I want you to teach me how to fight."

Paul looks down at me with a stern, yet humorous expression. "No way, Grace. You just got your cast off last week and today was your first day coming to Emily's since the storm."

I hug his arm tighter as we walk through the woods to Emily's for my schooling. The roads are now open again, and my siblings all have to go back to school, so that means I do too. No one's spotted Laurent, but I have been able to sleep less and less each night. Dad's close to knocking me out with pills, just so I get a few hours of sleep, but I don't want to risk not being able to wake up from my night terrors.

"Please, Paul. You're the strongest wolf I know. You'll be the best teacher ever. I just need to be able to know how to get away from Laurent in case he gets me. Just enough for you guys to come find me."

"You won't have to learn how to get away from him. He won't be getting you," Paul says, finality evident in his tone.

I yank his arm, causing him to stop. He turns and looks down at me as I peer up at him seriously. "Please Paul. I just need to know. Please help me learn." Paul's gaze never falters as he stares me down.

"Fine!" He says, throwing his hands into the air. "Fine. I'll do it. But your family and Seth can't know. Neither can Sam."

I nod quickly as I hug his neck tightly. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

He sighs and hugs me back. "You're welcome. I'll find a way for us to sneak out and go, ok? It'll be sometime while you're at Emily's house probably. If not, I'll text you beforehand ok?"

I nod and grin brightly, giving him a kiss on his cheek. "I love you, I love you, I love you."

"What has he done to deserve all that love?"

Paul sets me down on the ground and I turn to the sound of Seth's voice as he jogs out of Emily's house towards us. He comes over and folds me into a big hug and I smile before glancing at Paul and winking.

He smirks and winks back. "What can I say? The ladies love me."

I grin at him and he smiles before ruffling my hair. "I'm going to get some breakfast before heading out to patrol. See you later for our shopping trip."

I grin and nod quickly, "Ok! See you later!"

Seth looks down at me with an eyebrow raised. "What shopping trip? Where are you going? What time? Why?" I let out a small laugh at Seth's questions before pulling him with me into Emily's.

"We're just going to get groceries. I don't know when, but he offered when Edward mentioned it this morning, so we're going to spend some time together. Don't worry, we won't be gone long. He's dropping me back off at the house when we're done so the frozen stuff won't melt."

"I'll go with you," Seth says quickly as he opens the door for me.

I smirk at him, "Haven't you heard two's company and three's a crowd?" He glares at me before pouting and giving me his puppy dog eyes. "Please let me go!"

"Where does Seth want to go?" Emily asks with a smile as she comes over to set a plate of fresh muffins and fruit on the table. I smile brightly as she walks towards us.

"Emily! I've missed you so much!"

I run to her and hug her waist tightly. "I've missed you too, my favorite student." I smile as I break the hug. "I'm your only student Em."

She grins and guides me to my seat. "Not necessarily. The boys can be considered students."

"Yeah, Sam's students. Not yours," I retort and she gives me a playful glare. "Eat a muffin and get to work. We've got to get started."