Chapter 23

Seth's Pov

We run after Grace as she squeals and runs around the house, and out the backdoor. I quickly look at each of the boys in a silent agreement to not let Grace go into the woods. They nod and we all circle around her, so she won't leave our sights.

"I'm going to get you Grace...." Jake says and she squeals and runs to hide behind a bush.

"Now I'm going to get you....." Embry says and she giggles and runs off again.

After we chase her for about ten minutes I quietly sneak up behind her and throw her into the air.

Grace screams and latches herself onto me. I laugh loudly and say, "I won! I got you Gracie!" Grace giggles and gets out of my arms. "I need a drink Sethy." I nod and walk beside her.

"Me too Gracie. Want to race to the house? The first one there gets a cookie?" Grace giggles and runs as fast as her little legs can go. I speed up and she squeals and runs as fast as she can go. I see her trip, but she catches herself and she runs to the door. I smiles as she jumps up and down, trying to open it.

Emily smiles and comes to the door. Grace jumps into her arms and squeals, "I won! I won! I get a cookie Emmy!" Emily laughs and sits her on top of the table again. "What did you win?"

I jog in, acting like I'm out of breath, and say, "No fair! Gracie beat me!" Grace giggles and sticks her tongue out at me. I grin and kiss her nose. "But I still get a cookie."

Grace gasps and says, "No Sethy! Me and Emmy said no!" I chuckle and go over to the pan of cookies. I grab one and act like I'm fixing to eat it.

"No Sethy!!! Don't do it! That Eddie's cookie!!!" Grace all but screams. I look at the cookie in shock and see she had Emily make letters with the chocolate chips. I laugh lightly and put it down.

"Ok, ok. I won't eat Eddie's cookie. I'll eat Grace's cookie." Grace starts to get mad, and I laugh out loud. Her face gets red and her bottom lip pokes out.

"That one is my cookie. You don't get any cookie since you are bad."

I gasp in mock hurt and say, "You won't give your best friend a cookie?"

Grace giggle and says, "I'm letting Eddie have a cookie. And Jakie too."

I gasp again, "Jake gets a cookie and I don't?"

She giggles and nods, "Yep. And Embwe and Quwil and Emmy." I gasp again.

"Why you little......" I say and start tickling her. I hear the guys laughing in the back ground as Grace screams and laughs.

"Help me Embwe! Help Quwil!" Quil and Embry come over and steal her away from me.

"I'm going to get you..." I say and she giggles again. I start to walk forward, but my phone starts ringing. I look at it and see I have 15 missed messages and 10 missed calls. All from the Cullens. "Oh, shoot." I mumble and hurriedly pick up Edward's phone call.

"Hey man, look I am so sorr...."

"Seth Clearwater I have been calling you for fifteen minutes. My siblings and parents have been calling you. And you don't pick up a single one!!!!"

"Look, I know, it's just that...."

"No Seth. Save it. School has been out for an hour and I am at the treaty line. Come and take her home."

"Aww, but Edward. We were just having fun."

"I know. Alice told me that much, but I need to make sure she's ok."

"She's fine Edward. We just got back inside from playing tag."

"You were outside! In the woods! Playing tag!" I wince and curse myself for telling him.

"No, no. It's not like that. She started playing tag, and ran outside, so we made sure she was surrounded by us. We had her in a circle in the front yard. She's ok. We had fun. We are just about to eat the cookies she made. Please give us 30 more minutes. Everyone really likes her."

"Who all is there Seth?"

"Me, Jake, Emily, Quil, and Embry." I hear him sigh deeply through the phone and I start to smile.

"Have her home no later than 30 minutes Seth. I mean it. 30 minutes or I am crossing the treaty and turning your tail inside out, you got it?"

I start grinning, "Yes Sir Edward Sir. She'll be back as soon as we finish the cookies." I end the call and see everyone staring at me.

"That was Edward. They are home from school. Let's finish the cookies, then I'll take you home, ok Grace?"

Grace nods excitedly and says, "Hurry before the cookies are cold!" We laugh and put the pan of cookies in front of her. She gets a plate and puts all of her special cookies on it.

"This one is Mama's, this one is Daddy's....." so on and so forth until she gets to the last one. Then she turns to us and says. "Ok. I guess you can have a cookie, but only the special one I made for you!"

We nod enthusiasticly and wait for Emily to give us all the cookie with our initials on it. We take a bite and I sigh loudly. This is probably one of the best cookies I've ever had. "This is amazing Grace! You should be a baker!" Quil says and we nod in agreement. Grace giggles and eats her cookie.

"Yummy! Thank you Miss Emmy!" Emily smiles and kisses her head. "No, thank you Miss Gracelyn. You made the best cookie ever!" Grace smiles widely as she eats more and more of her cookie.

"Ok, Grace Grace. Let's take you back home. They are waiting to see you." Grace smiles and gives Embry and Quil a hug. "Thank you for playing with me!"

They laugh, "Thank you for the cookies! You'll come back and see us, right?" Grace giggles and nods. I help Grace off of the table and she runs to Emily.

"Bye bye Miss Emmy. Thank you for the cookies! They were so good!" Emily smiles and hugs Grace. "Bye Grace. You'll have to come back and go to the beach next time, ok? I also put extra cookies in your bag, so you can eat them later."

Grace's eyes brighten and she smiles. "Ok, Gracie. Let's ok. Everyone is waiting for you." Grace waves goodbye and runs out to the car, bag of cookies in hand.