Chapter 44

When we pull up to the house, I see the pack playing soccer around the fire.

"Come on Seth, hurry up!"

Seth stops the bike and helps me down. I go to run to where the boys are calling me, but Seth catches my wrist.

"Whoa now. Get the helmet off first, then you can go." I roll my eyes at him as he takes the helmet off me and "fixes" my hair.

"Perfect," Seth says with a smile. I go to retort something smart, but he looks so proud of himself that I just smile back and kiss his cheek. "Thanks Sethy. I love you."

Seth's smile gets bigger and he kisses my forehead, "I love you too. Now go." I grin and run off towards the pack.

"Grace!" The guys yell when I get there. Quil and Embry along with Paul and Jared all give me hugs while the rest of the pack go back to their previous activities. I'm not too close with anyone else besides Leah, but she's at college right now.

"Look! I got my nails done! Aren't they pretty!" I say as I gush over them. The guys nod and smile at me. "They are super cool. At least their not vampire fangs."

I shove Paul after his remark and say smartly, "Of course not. Wolves are much cooler." The guys whoop and hollar and pat me on the back like I did something right. I mean, I only told the truth. Wolves are much cooler, but vampires are more superior. Probably because they're all hundreds of years old.

After they chill out, we walk into the house to see if Emily needs any help tidying up. "No, I don't believe I do. Although, I heard you got wolf nails done. May I see?"

I nod quickly and show her. She smiles, "Those are beautiful Grace! I love the details!" I smile brightly, "Me too! I'll come down and do yours the same way one day! I bought the stencil that looks like this with the money I earned working with Dad."

Emily nods with a smile, "That sounds like fun! I haven't had my nails done in years."

"I don't like people touching me, so I don't go with Rose and Alice much," I say with a giggle and she laughs with me. 

"Alright, enough of the girl talk. We got serious business to talk about now," Sam says with as smile when he walks in.

"Aww, but Sam! Girl talk is so much more fun!"

Sam chuckles and ruffles my hair. "I know, but let's get serious for a bit then you can go back to playing, alright?" I nod and stand beside Paul and Seth.

"Oh my gosh. Sam's got a soft side. I never thought I'd see the day," Paul whispers loudly to Jared. Everyone snickers until Sam sends a threatening glare Paul's way and I grin at him.

"Alright. Back to business. Jake just called and said he invited Isabella. She doesn't know anything about us yet, so no slip ups you guys. No talking about wolves or vampires or anything until he tells her, ok?"

We all nod solemnly until Paul says, "Yeah, he still hasn't grown the balls to tell her about the imprint. He's too afraid she'll reject him and his sorry a..." 

I giggle as Seth pulls me close to his side and slaps Paul over the head hard. "Language Lahote," he growls and I giggle again as Paul sends me a wink.

"Oh, yes sir.... My bad...." Paul says sarcastically and Seth glares at him.

"Guys. Settle down. Come on, let's finish setting up while we wait on Jacob."

"Let's play soccer! Gracie's on my team!" Jared yells and grabs my hand, pulling me with him as I laugh.

"You can have her. She sucks at soccer," Quil says jokingly and I glare at him before running up to him and jumping on his back.