Chapter 45

I hear the thunderous laughter of the pack and I faintly smile. I start to move around to wake myself up, but I hear Seth hiss, "Shut up. If you wake her I'll kill you."

I stay really still as I hold back my laugh. "You can put her in the guest room, Seth." Emily says quietly and I feel Seth shake his head.

"It's alright. Leah, grab a blanket. She's getting cold."

"Seth, she is sitting by the fire. She's not cold."

"Fine. I'll do it myself." He says and I feel myself gently slide to the side and Leah's hand place on my head. That must mean I'm laying on her lap.

After a little while I hear Bella whisper quietly, "I know I shouldn't ask, but you all seem really close to Grace."

I hear a few of the guys scoff and some laugh lightly. "Yeah, well she's our sister. Besides, who wouldn't want to be friends with her? She is literally the best person on this entire planet." I hold back my smile as Paul talks about me.

"I...well... I just didn't know if it was because of her and Seth or if your families are friends or what."

The pack all burst out laughing, Sam and Emily lightly scolding them for being loud.

"Seth and Grace aren't together, Bella. And the Cullen's don't come here much, that's just Grace."

"Oh... I just thought..." She stutters and the pack laugh again.

I feel a blanket thrown over me and hear Seth laugh. "No, me and Gracie aren't together. She's my best friend. Besides, her siblings would kill me," he says as he gently lifts me up and let's me curl up on his chest as he holds me tightly.

Everyone chuckles and Leah says jokingly, "He likes her more than me, and I'm his biological sister."

"I do not! Well, ok, maybe a bit." Leah laughs and shoves him gently and he chuckles.

"Ok, no. I like you both equally. Grace just needs to be reminded of my love more than you do."

"With all those siblings she's got, it seems like it should be the other way around."

"Yeah... They are really protective of Grace. I think everyone's afraid to be around her because of it," I hear Bella say. Hmm, this is news to me. I don't think it's true, but it's a good theory.

"Those pale faces don't give a crap about her. No wonder she'd rather live here."

I hear a bunch of murmuring until Seth says lightly, "No one gives her a chance in Forks. That's why she's more at home in La Push. She's way too special for anyone in this world to have, and to be one of her chosen people, well.. that's the biggest blessing you could have."

After that everyone goes silent, the sound of crickets and a crackling fire is all the noise present.

"Alright kiddos. It's getting pretty late. Let's clear everything up so you guys can go on home. Seth, call Esme and ask her what she wants to do. If she wants, Grace can stay here for the night."

"I think I'll take her back to my house. She'll want to see Leah before she leaves in the morning anyways. I will call Esme to make sure it's ok though," he says before lightly shaking me.

"Grace. Gracie, wake up. Everyone's leaving." I groan slightly and I rapidly blink before seeing the pack smirking at me.

"Don't laugh at me," I whine tiredly, " you know the fire makes me sleepy." They all laugh softly and Sam says, "Go on and go to Leah's car, little pup. We'll pick everything up." I nod and stand up going to hug my boys.