Chapter 52

Hey guys! So I just wanted to let you know this isn't going to be exactly like the movie or book. There is a slight change in Laurent, so just a heads up!

I freeze as I stand in front of the old, abandoned ballet studio. I glance around to see if anyone followed me, making sure no one else would get wrangled into this mess like I am.

As I look behind me, I can see a faint yellow in the background. A sunset. My last sunset. A tear slips down my face and I swipe it away and shove the doors open, walking headfirst into the fire.

I walk to the middle of the room, shaking on unstable legs. "Alright! You've got me here! Just do what you have to do and leave my family alone!"

I see something swish past me, and suddenly Laurent is standing in front of me. I gasp lightly and I take a step back, but I feel something standing there. I jump and turn around to see him standing right behind me.

I take a small step backwards as he laughs at me. "You're not confused little one, are you?" I am suddenly standing back at the clearing at Forks and I watch as my family burn in a pile, the wolves laying dead beside them.

I choke down a sob as my vision flickers and Laurent is circling me back at the ballet studio. "What are you doing to me!" I scream at him as I watch James kill my family and friends one by one.

"It's my gift, pet." His voice whispers in my ear and I run into the opposite direction, my vision sending me to a field of wildflowers.

I feel someone touch my back and I move away as I try to decipher where I'm at. "Mind games is what Victoria likes to call them. Anything familiar to me, or anything I've seen, I can project to you and twist it to anything I would like. Isn't that wonderful love?"

Suddenly the ground opens up and as soon as my vision goes back to normal, I am thrown against the wall. I wince as my head knocks against the glass and I feel it stab into my head.

I see Laurent rush at me and I roll to the side, more glass stabbing into me. My vision flickers again and I see him off to the side laughing at me while blood pools around me.

"How would your precious family feel if they found you here?" He says and he stalks forwards I slowly get up and lean against the wall. "You tell me," I grit through my teeth.

"Considering James hears them coming, I assume quite a bit. I should have finished this sooner," he growls and pounces at me.

He slings me across the room and I hit a pillar. I hear a snap and pain streams up my arm. Oh, gosh. He broke my arm.

"How would you like it if I let your family see my little power?" He snarls right as the door slams open.

"Don't do it!" I scream as he stands up from where he was crouched down beside me.

"Grace!" Multiple voices yell at once.

"Would you rather you do it instead?"

I nod, "Leave them alone!"

Suddenly Edward leaps for him and James comes up behind him and rips his head. I scream as I push myself up and run toward them, only to feel something pop and my ankle screams in pain. I scream and fall down, landing on the shards of glass.

Laurent goes and starts killing my family and I scream. "Stop it! Quit hurting them! Kill me already!"

"Let's see how they like the nightmare I sent you last night, my pet."

"Stop!" I scream and suddenly my nightmare from last night replays in my head.

I start running as fast as I can towards my family, glancing back for a split second to see James and Laurent catching up to me.