Chapter 19

4 year old Grace in Grace's Pov

I run down the stairs as fast as I can, my heavy backpack on my back. "Gracelyn! Don't you run down those stairs young lady!" Mama yells from the living room.

"Yes, Mama!" I yell back and hop from stair to stair, ready for my first day of school.

Once I get to the bottom stair I giggle and run up to Eddie who is looking outside. "Eddie! Guess what day it is!" Eddie smiles and picks me up. "Hmmm..... is it your first day of preschool?" I giggle and nod my head.

"Yes! I get to go to school like you!" Eddie smiles and kisses my cheek. "You sure do princess. Do you have all of your things packed? Seth is going to be here in a little while and you don't want to have to put all of your  things up while he is here, now do you?"

I shake my head and wiggle my way out of his arms. "Let's go get my lunch Eddie!" I say and run into the kitchen where my lunch is packed up. I throw my sandwich in a bag and toss it in my backpack. "All done! Can we go play?" Eddie opens my bag and nods.

"Yes, we can go play now." I squeal and run into the living room where Mama is.

"Mama! I'm all ready for school!" I jump on the couch where she's at and sit on her lap.

"I can't believe my little Grace is a big girl now!" Mama says and hugs me tight. I hug her back, "Don't be upset Mama. I will still miss you."

She smiles at me and I hear a voice behind me say, "Well I hope you miss me you squirt, because I'm gonna miss you." I grin when I see Emmy standing behind me with his arms crossed. I jump and run to him.

"I'll miss you too Emmy! I wish I could be at big school with you and Jazzy and Eddie." Emmy grins and spins me around.

"No you don't kiddo. It's not fun. Besides, you'll have so much fun at preschool, and one of us will pick you up from school everyday." I nod and give him a hug.

"Graccccciiiiiieeeeeee!!!!!! Where are youuuuu!!!!!!"

I giggle when I hear Sethy calling me from outside. "Sethy!" I giggle and run to the door.

"Wait Grace. Your shoes first." Eddie says, and I nod. Eddie helps me put on my sandals and opens the door for me. I run outside to see my best friend.

"Sethy! You're here!" Sethy picks me up and twirls me around. "Of course I am here Gracie. I told you I was coming to take you to school." I nod and hug him.

"Hey! But I wanted to take Grace to school!" I hear Emmy say to Sethy and I giggle.

"I think we all agreed that I would be taking my favorite person to preschool." Jazzy says from behind me and I squeal as he throws me into the air. "Jazzy! I thought you went to school with Allie and Rosie!"

Jazzy smiles and hugs me tight. "No, Ma'am. I came back just to see you darlin'." I giggle and kiss his cheek.

"But Gracie. I want to take you." I turn around and see Sethy with a pouty face. I giggle and get out of Jazzy's arms. I want all of them to take me. Eddie and Mama and Daddy too.

Hmmm..... "I think that we will take Grace while you kids go to school. Whoever gets out of class first can pick her up, deal?" Mama and Daddy says. They all nod and come to give me a goodbye hug.

"Bye bye Jazzy. Bye bye Emmy." I say and hug them tight. They hug me back and go to get in the car. Next Sethy comes up to me. I jump into his arms and he gives me a big hug. He is so warm and cozy.

"I'll miss you Sethy. I'll tell you all about my new friends when I come back home, ok?"

Sethy pouts, "But I am your best friend, right Gracie?" I nod and kiss his cheek as I giggle.

"And Eddie, and Emmy, and Jazzy, and Allie, and Rosie, and Jakie." Sethy nods and says bye before he waves and walks down the road.

I turn around and only see Mama and Daddy. "Mama? Daddy? Where did Eddie go?" I look all around,  trying to find my Eddie, until I finally see him coming out of the house with my backpack. I run up to him and jump into his arms.  I snuggle into him and try not to cry.

"What's wrong Grace? Are you ok?" I nod my head slightly, but don't say a word. 

"Talk to me princess. What's wrong?"

I sigh and say quietly, "What if everyone is upset that they can't take me to school? I don't want them to be upset." Eddie laughs lightly, and I look at him with a glare.

"Calm down princess. Don't worry.  We will all get our turn to take you to school. Besides you will see us all soon anyways, so don't miss us too much. Just be your normal self and everyone will love you like we do."

I smile and nod, and hug him tighter. "I love you Eddie. You will be home right after school right?" Eddie nods and kisses my cheek.

"As soon as am able to, I will be right back by your side." I smile and nod and give him one last hug before going to Mama and Daddy.

"Are you ready to go to big girl school?" Daddy asks.  I nod and get into the car with Mama and Daddy. Eddie buckles me in, and hands me my backpack. 

I kiss his cheek and say, "Look in your bag at lunchtime. Emmy, Allie, Jazzy, and Rosie too." He nods and leans out of the car.

I wave to him with a smile on my face as we drive down the road. Yay! I am ready for big girl school!