Chapter 5

Gracelyn's Pov (still 10 months)

I hear someone talking. I rub my eyes open and yawn. I look and see Eddie. I smile and lay back on him. I feel someone pick me up and I look to see Daddy. "Dada," I try and say.

He smiles and hugs me. "Good job! I'm so proud of you, sweetie!" Yay! I did it! I need to say other people's names now! Hmmm.... I'm hungry. Maybe Mama has some food. Rosie might get me something too. I try to tell Daddy I'm hungry, but he doesn't understand. I get upset and look at Eddie. He knows what I want.

"Are you hungry, Grace?" I nod and reach for him. I want my Eddie. He makes me smile. Eddie smiles at me and whispers, "You make me smile too, Grace." I giggle. How did Eddie know that? I point at the door and try and say I want Mommy. He smiles and takes me down the stairs.

"Hi, baby girl. Good morning." Mommy says. I smile and reach out to get her. She picks me up and hugs me. I smile and try and grab food behind her. She laughs and sits me in a baby seat. I don't like the baby seat. I would rather sit in Emmy's lap. Emmy's a teddy bear. I try and and get out of my baby seat, but Eddie comes up.

"I wouldn't. Mama might get upset." I pout and try and get out of it again.

"Gracelyn? What are you doing?" Daddy says. I smile and tell him I want to see Emmy and Rosie.

"You've got to stay in your seat if your hungry." I cry out for Emmy, but he doesn't come. I look at Eddie. Maybe he can get me out. "You want to go see the others and eat later?" I smile and jump in my seat. Eddie takes me to my toy room with the cartoons and I see my friends.

Emmy! Rosie! Jazz! Allie! I try and get out of Eddie's arms, but he won't let go. He sits me in Emmy's arms and I hug him.

"Hey, squirt. Miss me?" I giggle and push his nose. I lay my head on his chest, once, and crawl over to Rosie.

"Hello sweetie. Good morning." I hug Rosie. She and Allie like to put pretty clothes on me. I go to Allie and she smiles at me.

"Grace? Would you like to go put on some different clothes." I nod, but go see Jazzy. He is a cowboy.

"Morning, darlin'. How've you been?" I giggle. I like when he calls me that. I hug him, but see Eddie sitting by himself. I call out to him and he comes over. I like Eddie. He's my best friend. I don't want Eddie to be alone. He needs to sit by everyone else too. I crawl to the empty spot on the couch and look at Eddie. I want him to sit by Rosie and Allie.

He gets up and sits beside them. I smile and clap my hands. I crawl to his lap and play with his finger. "Come on Grace. Let's get you ready." Allie picks me up and takes me to my room. When she cleans me up we go down the stairs to see my family. They are all playing in the toy room. I giggle as Allie let's me crawl to Emmy. Emmy is laying down and I smack his belly.

He grins at me and I do it again and laugh. Emmy picks me up and throws me in the air I scream and he catches me. I don't like being thrown. He might drop me. He starts to tickle me. I scream and laugh.

Don't tickle me Emmy! I need to get away from him!

Jazzy! I start to crawl away, but he catches me. No! Eddie! Jazzy! I scream louder and he stops.

I giggle and crawl to Eddie. I hide behind his back and he holds me. "I'm going to get you Grace," I hear Emmy say.

No! I try to scream. No Emmy! I hold on to Eddie tighter and Eddie picks me up.

"I'll protect you," he says to me. I smile and kiss his cheek like he does me. He looks at me and I smile. My belly growls and I rub my tummy. "Let's get you some food," Eddie says and puts me in my baby seat.

I whine, I don't want to sit in the baby seat. I want to sit in a big chair with Eddie. "Ok. Mama isn't here right now, so I'll let you sit down with me." I smile and reach of Eddie. He's my favorite person ever! Eddie sits me in his lap and helps me eat my food. I want Eddie to eat some.

"Ed," I say to Eddie. He smiles at me and sits me on the table in front of him. "Yes, princess?" I smile and hand him a cookie. He smiles and kisses my head.

"Thank you, princess." I grin at him. Maybe we can watch a cartoon after this! I can see if Emmy and Rosie and Allie and Jazzy want to come to! When Daddy comes home he can read me a bedtime story! I finish my lunch and me and Eddie go to the toy room and play with my toys until my family comes back.