Chapter 29

I just want to shout out to cnszn1  This amazing person gave me the idea that I needed to continue forward, and I can not be more thankful. Thank you all of your ideas, because I plan to use them......Thank you so much!!!!

Once I'm out of sight I run as fast as I can. I can't believe they have lied to me my entire life. I can't believe Edward has always heard what I thought. I am extremely embarrassed and angry and every one of them.

Seth was supposed to be my number one. My wing man. But he has been lying like the rest of them. I keep thinking of all the things they have been lying to me about, my thoughts coming in flashes, not one sticking for too long except one.

Are they really my family if they lie to me? I mean technically yes, but how can I ever trust them when they lie so easily to me? Even Seth, who can't lie to save his life, has lied to me for my whole 14 years. I run aimlessly as tears could my vision.

Suddenly, I hit something hard and I cry out in shock, and pain, as I think, 'Well shoot. I ran into a freaking tree. How stupid is that?'
I shake my head and rub my eyes, standing up to move out of the way, but my breath catches in my throat.

There stands 2 beautiful people. A male and a female, with dark brown hair. One pulled back at the nape of his neck, the dreadlocks woven together, and the women, who's hair is matted up in knots like she hasn't touched a brush in ages. Both are just as pale as my family, but have bright, blood red eyes.

I gasp and back away slowly, but stop and straighten up, trying to show no fear. Trying to stay calm as I say, "I'm sorry. I should have watched where I was going."

They grin at me and the male says, "No, no. Our deepest apologies for running into you, little one. No need to apologize. Why are you out running through the woods anyways?"

I'm pretty stupid, but I'm not stupid enough to explain my name and my situation to complete strangers. Strangers who are obviously bad news.

"Oh, I was just thinking. I like nature, so I run through the woods to clear my head. What are you guys doing?" I ask, hoping they leave quickly.

"We were heading to town for dinner, but it looks like our snack wasn't far away," the woman sneers, barring her teeth, no fangs. Baring her fangs at me. My breathing freezes, this is not good.

"Oh, well I'm glad you won't have to go all the way into town. It's a pretty good ways away from here. It was nice meeting you two, but I would really like to continue my run. I hope to see you soon!" I say with fake cheer and start sprinting towards the direction I think my family opposite to, not wanting them to get involved if something happens.

I hear someone chuckle and I am soaring into the air as I try to hold back my scream. The right side of my body slams into a tree and I grunt in pain, but do not scream out. The last thing I need is my family coming and getting themselves into this mess. I try to stand up, but I fall down instantly, pain shooting throughout my whole body. Multiple bones on the right side of my body are definitely broken.

Instead of listening to the doctor inside of me, I stand up and lean my body against the tree. If I'm going down, it's not going to be with me on the floor. I see the male standing back, watching the scene unfold as the woman slowly walks towards me, stalking her prey.

"Your such a pretty girl. Oh how I hate to kill you, but I can't resist my hunger. But first, it's been a while since I played with my food....." As quick as the eye can see, no not even then, she is in front of me. She pokes my right hand and I hold back my scream of pain and I hunker over.

She laughs in joy as she says, "You are a very strong little human. Very strong indeed. Hmm.... I wonder if I should turn you instead......"

I gasp out in pain and say through gritted teeth, "No."

I am not going to torcher humans, I'm not going to "play" with them. This is downright sick.

She giggles like a dog just did her favorite trick, "Oh I think that I should. Then you'd be mine. Oh, can't we keep her Laurent?" She says as she turns to her partner.

"Whatever you would like, but I hear something about five miles back, so you might want to hurry, love." Oh my gosh they're coming. I can't have them in this.

"Just do it. Hurry." I say quickly and without hesitation, she throws me and I skid across the snow, sticks and rocks scraping my back the whole time. I let out a little cry, but stop and bite my tongue. The girl hovers over me and says, "Welcome to my coven little girl."

Her fangs stick out and I turn my head to the side, not daring to look at my demise. Just as teeth pierce my skin I let out a cry at my skin being torn and I feel the heavy body on me suddenly leave.

As my eyes grow heavy, I try my hardest to see what happened and I see flashes of my brothers and Jake fighting the other two.

Once I see them my head falls back, hard, onto the snow covered ground where, just my luck, a rock sits and I whine before my head rolls to the side and I close my eyes, wanting to sleep more than anything.

I vaguely hear snow crunching by my head and the whining of a dog. Seth, I think with a light smile until I remember what happened earlier.

"Gracie. Gracie don't close your eyes. Please, please stay awake." I squint up at him as he lifts me up and starts sprinting. I breath in deeply, my lungs hurting, "Let.. me.. go.." I huff out, immediately gritting my teeth from the pain afterwards.

"We have to get you to Carlisle. Hold on. Look at me."

I look up at him and say as strong as I can, "Let me... go. You... traitor." My breath coming out in pants as I try to ignore the pain.

Seth whines and holds me closer, but as I move the right side of my body protests and I whine at the shattering feeling my body is sending off.

"I'm so sorry. I promise to never lie to you again." I don't respond, I just close my eyes, wishing I could fall asleep.

"Gracelyn Cullen don't you dare close your eyes. Seth let me carry her." Edward says as I feel cold hands touch my shoulder and I flinch.

"No," Seth growls. "This is all your fault." I close my eyes and still my thoughts, wanting to hear what has to be said when they think I'm asleep.

"I told you Edward! I told you four years ago if you didn't tell her soon she would hate us and now she almost died because of you!"

"I know that Seth! Give her to me so Carlisle can help her. We will get there faster if I run." 

"No. You're not touching her. You are supposed to be there for her when I'm not there! Instead you have made her hate not only yourself, but me, Jake, and your entire family. I called Carlisle, he'll met us half way. You are not touching her. She hates me because of you, and I didn't even do anything! I should have told her the last time she was at La Push. Then she might actually be alive."

"She's not dead," Edward growls.

I think to him, 'I wish I was. Don't take me to my dad. I would rather die.'

I hear a hiss, "Shut up. Don't say that." I flinch and Seth growls lowly, "Don't talk to her Edward. Go. You're making everything worse. Gracie, stay awake. I know you hate me, but please, for me, stay awake."

I open my eyes as wide as I can, which isn't more than squint, and say painfully, "I...don't hate...you..."

Seth whines, "Shh, shh. Don't talk. Keep your eyes on me." I shake my head and close my eyes as I whisper hoarsely, "I love you." Then everything goes black.