Chapter 42

It's finally lunch period and Edward is in my class waiting with me. When the bell rings we find our siblings waiting by the door. "Jessica Stanley wrangled the new girl into sitting with her," Emmett says and I smile lightly.

"Yeah, we've been the talk of the town for two whole weeks, but today wasn't as bad since Isabella started. She gets to be the shiny new toy for a while." I say and grin mischievously while my siblings snicker and shove me gently.

"Come on, let's go to our table," Alice says and she skips into the lunchroom with Jasper trailing behind. Next Rose and Emmett walk through, very intimidating like. Next me and Edward walk forward, as awkward as ever. I don't see why they have to make an entrance every where we go.

Edward hears my thoughts and chuckles as he wraps an arm around my shoulder playful and gently shoves me. I giggle and shove him back just as we walk past Jessica Stanley's table. "Who are they?" a girl whispers not so quietly since my human ears can hear.

"That's Edward and Gracelyn Cullen. No one knows whether they are together or not. Edward is Jasper's cousin. He's totally gorgeous, obviously." I roll my eyes and glance up at Edward and make a silly face and he laughs.

"You're mean, you know that?" I giggle and shove him with my hip. "What? I didn't say nothing."

"Yeah, yeah. But you implied it. Just like you do every time we pass Jessica Stanley's table." I grab Edward's hand and swing it back and forth. "Aww, come on. You know it's funny. Besides, she's too annoying for me not to do something."

Edward rolls his eyes, "You ma'am are mean," he says and pokes my cheek. I stick my tongue out at him as we laugh and we sit down at the table.

"What was the facial expression today?" Emmett asks as he throws a pate of food down at the table for him and Rose to "share" while Jasper does the same. Edward pats my head before going to get my tray as I shrug, "Nothing worth mentioning. What is worth mentioning is what Jessica is saying."

Rose rolls her eyes, "She's being conceited  as always. Blabbering to the new girl about our scandalous actions." I giggle at her, but don't comment. I mean, I know how the students feel. I thought the same thing until I learned that they're mates. Now, I think it's sweet.

"Yes, very scandalous indeed," Edward says and he pokes my side as he sits down, making me slap him. He knows I hate being tickled. He winks at me and I scrunch my nose at him playfully before grabbing the tray and eating the chicken salad.

After thirty minutes of Emmett discreetly throwing food at random students, Rose and Alice talking about fashion, and me, Jazz, and Edward talking amongst ourselves, my phone vibrates and I smile. "I'm going to go take this. I'll be back in five minutes."

They nod and I head towards the bathroom and answer Seth's call. "Seth," I say happily. "Grace!" I hear multiple voices say at once. I giggle, "Hi guys. What are you up to?"

"Oh, nothing much. Just the usual."

"Oh, so eating all the food from Sam and Emily's house then?"

"Yep!" They all say together and I laugh.

"How's your day been Gracie?" Seth asks curiously. "No reason I have to come up there, right?"

I giggle, "No Seth. You just overreacted this morning. Besides, I'm not the main focus point anymore. I mean, yeah I still am, but not as much. They have a new victim."

The guys ohh and ahh, asking who it is. I smile, "Isabella Swan I believe. I don't know really, but her name is Isabella."

The pack goes silent as I hear Jake growl, "Bella? They're talking about Bella? What are they saying?" I flinch at his harsh voice while Sam, Emily, and Seth are scolding him for raising his voice at me.