Chapter 3

After Edward meets the child I hear her breathing default. "Edward we need to get her upstairs. She needs more oxygen."

Edward runs upstairs at inhuman speeds and sets her in the cradle by the ventilator and medicine cart. I hook her up and her breathing goes back to normal. I sigh in relief and look over to see Edward starting at the child. "Edward?" I ask cautiously.

"Is she going to be ok? She'll live, right?" I nod at my worried son. "Yes. She'll be fine. We just have to take care of her. Edward, I was wondering if..."

Before I ask him he nods, reading my previous thought. "I'm not sure, Carlisle. I don't know, but I've never felt like this before. I need to be with her. I have to protect her from everything that might hurt her. I feel happier than I have in a long time."

I smile at him, "I'm glad your happy, son." He smiles back before he continues to watch the little girl. I look around at the room and instantly know Alice decorated it. I smile and head downstairs to my family, leaving Edward to his thoughts.

Her Room

Edward's Pov

Edward's Pov

As I watch the little girl I can't help but worry about the child. She is so tiny and fragile. She's having trouble breathing and eating. She's my mate. I have to protect her from everything and everyone. She's going to be ok. I swear that if I have anything to do with it, she won't hurt anymore.

Alice's Pov

*Vision from earlier*
Edward is holding baby Gracelyn in his arms gently rocking her to sleep.
Edward is holding her hand as she is walking her first steps towards the family.
Edward throwing the little girl up into the air as she giggles.
Edward reading the young child a bedtime story as she goes to sleep.
*End of vision* 

I smile as I replay the images of the vision in my mind. Edward has been so lonely these past few years and this little girl is going to make him complete.

2 months later..... In Edward's Pov

"Carlisle! Get up here!" I yell down the stairs to him. He rushes up the stairs and runs to Gracelyn. He looks over her and checks the monitor. He faces me with a smile. "She doesn't need the oxygen mask anymore. She's doing great on her own. We'll need to watch her for the next week to make sure everything's ok, but I think her breathing is back to normal."

I smile and pick up the small child. "You hear that. Your getting better Princess," I choo at her. She smiles at me and holds my finger. "You want to go see Mama," I ask and take her downstairs. Esme comes running up and smiles.

"Hello sweetie. Your doing so well, if only we could get you to eat something." She says with a wistful look. I smile and take Grace into the living room where my brothers and sisters are at. "Grace! Oh you look so adorable!" (See at top) Alice says and holds baby Grace. She spins her around gently before I warn her, "Alice. Calm down."

She give me an apologetic look and skips over to Jasper. "Hey there, kiddo. You'll be playing football in no time." Emmett says and kisses her nose which makes her giggle. I smile at her as Rose comes in. "Baby Grace! Oh you look so sweet! I hear your growing big and strong. We need to get some food into your system and you'll be all healthy." She says with a smile as she picks up Gracelyn and carries her to the couch.

She sits down with her and grabs a bottle to feed her. "Come on, baby girl. Eat a little something." Rose tries to feed Gracelyn, but she doesn't eat much. I sigh and sit down next to her. "She's still not eating much, Edward. You try. You haven't fed her near as much as we have."

That's true, I think to myself. I let the women feed her because that's what they like to do. They like to hold her, feed her, and play with her. I just sit back and watch most of the time. I let the girls have their fun with her. I nod and take the baby. She snuggles close to my chest and I smile. I grab the bottle from Rose and try to feed her.

"Hello princess. Can you try and eat for me? Please?" Grace looks up at me as I place the bottle in her mouth. She slowly, but surely starts to drink it. I smile and look at Rose who's eyes have gone wide. I laugh and look back down to see that Gracelyn has drank half of her bottle. "Good girl. Thank you, Princess." I say and smile at her she snuggles closer and goes to sleep.

"How did you do that? Me, Esme, Alice, and Carlisle has been trying this for two months! Even Jasper tried to make her feel hungry!"

I shrug my shoulders, "You've never asked me to. I figured I'd let you have your fun while she's still young." I say and look back towards the child.

"Unbelievable," Rosalie says and goes to tell the family that I finally got the girl to drink something.

"How did you get her to drink her milk?" Carlisle says as the whole family gathers around to see the tiny angel in my arms. "I just asked her, put the bottle in her mouth and she drank it." I say with a shrug.

Carlisle smiles, "Well, we know who's on feeding duty from now on." They all laugh and I just smile. I go up to her room to put her in her bassinet. I try to lay her down, but she whines and grabs my arm. I smile and pick her back up and she stops whining. I go and sit in chair by her bed and rock her back to sleep.