Chapter 48

"Edward! Let's go!" I say exasperated as we wait for our siblings to come out of building. "They'll catch up later, we drove two cars for a reason!"

Edward smiles at me, "They're on their way Grace Grace. Patience." I roll my eyes at him before I see Bella standing by her truck.

"I'll be back," I say as I walk towards my new friend. "Bella," I say cheerfully as I walk up next to her, startlingly her slightly since she wasn't paying attention.

"Oh, hi Grace. What are you doing?"

I sigh loudly and roll my eyes. "My siblings won't hurry up, so I decided to come over and talk to you while I wait."

Bella smiles slightly and opens her mouth to respond, but I see a van hurdling towards us, skidding on the ice. My eyes widen, "Bella!" I scream and jump in front of her, shoving her behind me, as the van plows towards us.

My eyes are frozen open with fear as tears prick my eyes when a hard surface impacts my body, making me trip over Bella and I land on the ground with a hard thud, my wrist popping slightly and I whine at the pain. I feel cold arms lift me up and hold me close to their body, Edward curls his body over mine and shoves the van away, leaving dents in both Bella's truck and the van.

I squeeze Edward's neck tightly before I realize what he did and I shove him away, wincing slightly at my injured wrist. "Go! You can't be here!" I whisper as everyone starts running our way.

I glance back at Bella to see her looking at Edward with wide eyes, obviously noticing Edward save us from the van.

"Shh, it's alright. Don't worry about it. We have to let Carlisle fix your hand. Everyone's waiting for us."

I feel my eyes prick with tears at the thought of leaving Forks again because of me. If I wasn't in the way, Edward wouldn't have sped over here.

"I can't. I have to stay with Bella," I choke out slightly as I hold back my tears, the entire student body and faculty crowding around us. My breathing gets heavy and I start to hyperventilate. My eyes glances around everywhere, unfocused and anxious.

"Look at me. Look Grace. Breath. Match my breathing. In, out." I lock eyes with Edward as he mimics breathing. Slowly my heart beat goes down, but is still way too high.

Edward glances down at Bella before holding me close to his chest and walks away from the scene as the ambulance pulls up.

"Son, I need you to place her in the stretcher with Miss Swan. We need to make sure she's alright as well," I hear one of the EMT people say as I clutch my wolf necklace with my good hand and stare up at Edward's face, trying to control my breathing.

"I'm taking her to my father. She's hurt her hand, but that's all. Bella Swan hit her head pretty badly though. I'm not harmed."

I can hear the man protest until someone who knows Edward comes over. "Leave the boy alone, Jones. That's Dr. Cullen's son and daughter. He knows what he's doing. Go on Edward. Take Gracelyn to your father."

Edward thanks the man and speedily walks towards my siblings who are all stressed out over me and the situation at hand. Emmett is the first to run over and quickly look over me before running to the car and starting it, ushering us all in.

Emmett doesn't need to be serious, he's the family clown. Besides, I'm not hurt too bad. Probably just a sprained wrist, maybe broken. Compared to my later incident, this is nothing.

"Don't be worried. I'm fine," I tell him a little breathlessly as I try to get my breathing back to normal.

"We know sweet pea. We just need Carlisle to look over you and to get your heart rate lower." I nod as Edward hugs me closer and tells me to follow his breathing again.