Chapter 74

I feel my eyes slowly flutter open as I hear someone murmur and the weight on my chest lift up. I feel something around my waist move, and I open my eyes to see Seth slowly standing up, Emily gently rubbing his back to wake him up.

Emily catches my eye and gives me a small smile. "I'm sorry for waking you. Seth's going to get on the couch. Then you can both rest again."

I nod, but when I turn to Seth and see him watching me, my eyes fill with tears again. Seth sits beside me and pulls me close to him, laying us back as I cry in to his neck.

"Shh, hey. Don't cry again. Just rest those pretty eyes of yours. We'll talk when you wake up." I nod, and the only reason I listen is because I hear his voice crack, and I know he doesn't want to cry again.

I sniffle again before coughing loudly. I quickly lean over the edge of the couch, but as soon as I stop my coughing fit, I lean back on Seth and let my eyes close gently, my breathing slowing down significantly as he holds me securely.

Seth starts playing with my hair, and I drift off into a gentle sleep. Just as peacefulness fills me, a loud growl and yelling wakes me up.

My eyes snap open, and Seth quickly sits up with me hugged close to him as we see my family protectively surrounding us, and glimpses of the pack, in front of them.

"What are you doing here," Seth growls loudly, all traces of sleep disappear from his face as he holds my head into his neck and away from the people in front of me.

They're here to kill me. They hate me. They never want to see me ever again. I silently cry as I remember all the good times we've had, before I was a vampire. Before they despised me. Seth starts smoothing my hair as he feels the tears hit his shoulder.

"We just want to see Grace. We need to talk to her."

"She can't talk," Edward growls harshly. "If you didn't try to kill her, you would know the venom has destroyed her vocal chords."

"Then I'll do the talking. All I want is a few minutes alone with her. Please," Sam says, softer and gentler than I have ever heard him.

"No," Seth snarls as he holds me tighter. I turn my head to look at Sam and the boys. Even without gaining super duper vampire eyes, I can see that they're upset.

Edward, it's ok. Let Sam talk to me. He's upset for some reason.

Edward stares at me for a few minutes before nodding slowly and backing down from his defensive position.

"What are you doing, Edward?" Seth growls at him. I gently tap his neck and slowy shake my head while Edward says, "Grace said let him through. He gets five minutes."

Seth glares at me, but I just hug his neck tightly and kiss his cheek.

"I'm...ok..." I croak hoarsely before coughing, holding my throat while crying slightly at the pain coughing causes me.

"Shh, it's ok. Don't make it worse," Seth coos quietly. As he wipes my tears and kisses my forehead. I give him a small smile, and he smiles back before peppering kisses across my entire face. A wide, gigantic smile fills my face and Seth grins back at me

"There's my girl. You're alright," he whispers quietly so no one can hear. I nod back reassuringly and he sighs softly before looking me sternly.

"I'm standing at the kitchen door and eaves dropping on your entire conversation. All you have to do is give me a look and I'm here. Got it?"

I roll my eyes and Seth glares until I nod. When I do, he nods before fluffing a bunch of pillows and placing me on them as he gets up off the couch. "Willow!" Seth orders, making Willow sit up alert. He points to me, "Sit by Grace and guard her. I give you full permission to attack Sam, ok?"