1

Chapter 1: Real

═════ 🌙 ═════

Previously on A Time Without You...

It was a letter from him.

Carefully I pull the envelope open. Once it was open I slowly pull the letter out and unfold it. I was shocked to see what was written inside let alone at the fact that it stayed intact for so long.

(Y/N),

I don't really know what to write..even with Hanji's explanations I still have a difficult time understanding.

As dumb as it sounds, I wish you were still here to help me better understand I miss-

I stop reading when I hear a loud crash sound outside the room. Walking over to the door I reach for the knob and open it slowly. Stepping out I shine my light to the left finding nothing down that way. Then as I turn to the right I shine my light on someone who was stumbling through the rubble.

I go to shove the letter away when I turn it over. On the back, it read 'I'm coming for you.' Then looking up at the person before me I felt my heart stop. Could it be? I exit the room and cautiously make my way to the person in the rubble. When I got close enough I knew then, before I could say anything he looked up at me. He was completely naked. "(Y/N)?" is all Levi said before passing out.

As he fell to the ground, I rush to his aid in soft gasps and sobs as tears made their way out of my eyes. Completely in shock that he was even here. As I fell to my knees I rest his head on my lap, leaning down I place a kiss on his forehead. When my eyes opened again I look forward finding a bag not to far from him. I reach over and pull it closer.

I flip the flap over revealing the two books about time travel and a few other things. With a sigh, I lean back and remove my coat and cover Levi's body. Wrapping an arm around him, I bring him closer to me. With my free hand, I quickly give myself a pinch to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

To my relief, I wasn't. He was here and in my arms. When I felt his body jerk slightly my grasp loosens, looking down at his face I watch his eyes slowly open. I sigh and smile down at him. With my free hand, I move a strand of hair from his face and wipe the smudge of dirt on his cheek. "Guess my hunch was right," he mutters.

I wanted to kiss him, tell him how much I missed him, but before that could happen I needed to get him out of here and into some clean clothes. Standing up I grab his hands and help him up, then grab his bag, I begin to lead him out to the front and towards the car.

Along the way he had gotten some strength and stopped using me as support. As we got outside he walks through the cold damp grass and up to the gate. Walking past him I go to the driver's side of the car but don't get in noticing he wasn't there. Looking back towards the gate I saw him leaning on the gate on the other side looking at me.

"I'm not getting in that thing," he says pointing at my car.

I let out a sigh and walk over to him. Grabbing his arm I tug him along. "It's okay," I say as I grab his hand once again. I led him over to the passenger side then stopped again to open the door. I wondered if I should tell him not to touch anything in case.

Deciding not to, I gently push him into the car, then hand him his bag. Shutting the door I quickly walk around to the driver's side and get in. Shutting my door, I start up the car and turn to Levi. I lean over and grab his seat belt, quickly I buckle him in then myself before backing away from the gates.

Eventually, I turned the car and began driving back home. The car ride was silent as Levi sat there holding his bag and looking out the window. I had a lot of explaining to do with him and showing him new things now that he was here. But most importantly how I was going to send him back was the real question. But I wasn't going to worry about that right now.