18

Chapter 18: Fading

═════ 🌙 ═════

~Levi~

~Dreaming~

I sat on the roof holding the leg that was once injured when rescuing Eren from the female titan. With my gear on I was ready to ambush these people that were coming to take Armin and Jean.

"How's your leg?" a voice echoes.

I turn slightly to find a black figure on the other side of the roof. "What?" I ask.

"Your leg Captain, how is it? Does it still hurt?"

Confused I try and make out the sound of their voice but I didn't know who it was that was talking to me. "W-who are you?" I ask.

As they started to speak it was like they were talking to me underwater, I couldn't make out a name. I was confused, confused about who was talking to me, who was worrying about my leg.

"Captain?" they call.

I stood up and look around. "I'm going to meet up with Nifa, give the others this message," I tell the figure. But before I continue I look back to find no one there now. Then everything started fading into black like black smoke was fogging everything.

~Dream Over~

I shot up from the bed with a soft huff, the room was dark, and (Y/N) was softly snoring by my side. What the hell? My hand comes up to my head holding it gently as I think back to the dream I just had. Was it just a dream? Or a glimpse of a memory?

I shake my head with a soft groan. I turn and allow my feet to dangle off the side of the bed. I turn my head to the side and glance back at (Y/N) who was facing me, her face so peaceful, so unaware, no worries to bother her. I should tell her, I should've told her the moment it started happening. But I promised her ten days to say goodbye, and she might think I'm saying it because I want to rush her.

With a sigh, I stand up off the bed and head over to the desk in front of the window, I flick on the lamp knowing it wasn't bright enough to wake her up, I hear shuffling through and turn my head to find that she turned her back to me now.

My bag sat on the desk filled with the many books I had brought, opening it I sifted through it where I pulled a journal when I had the time I wrote down my thoughts, so in case something like this happened I'd have something to look back on for memory. Starting from the beginning I read through the first few entries.

I reminded myself of Hanji, and her many annoying experiments, including the time she made me and Mike capture two titans for her. Sonny and Bean, who both ended up dying thanks to Annie.

After reading a bit, I shut the journal and shove it back into the bag then flick off the light. Turning the chair I look back at the bed, standing up off the chair I make my way back to bed. (Y/N) was now resting on her stomach and I gently rest on top of her, laying my head on her back my arm extends out resting on top of hers.

I kiss the side of her head before turning my head and resting it on her back again. Shutting my eyes I drift off back into sleep, this time I didn't wake from another nightmare.

~Next Day~

~(Y/N)~

A heavy weight lifts off of my back causing me to wake up, turning my head I find Levi sitting on the edge of the bed with his back to me. Crawling over I rest my hand on his back causing him to turn and look at me.

"Sleep well?" he asks.

I nod my head and rest it down on the bed. Resting his hand on my side he stares at me, not taking his eyes off once. I watch as they dart as if he was creating a mental image of my face. "You?" I finally ask.

He shrugs slightly. "Was in and out throughout the night," he says.

Running my hand up and down along his back I feel him shiver slightly. He leans back and into me before placing a soft kiss on my mouth. Kissing him back quickly he places his hand on my face, his thumb gently caressing my skin. After he pulls away I lay back down and watch him turn away again, something was on his mind, and I wondered what it could be.

═════ 🌙 ═════