26

Chapter 26: Regret

═════ 🌙 ═════

~(Y/N)~

"I have nothing else to say to you right now. All I want right now is for you to leave me the hell alone so I can think." I tell him. With that I head to the door and walk out, thankfully he didn't come running out after me. I guess he understood how hurt I was by this and was going to give me time.

Even though I said Levi and I needed to communicate, I just needed to take a step back and think. I couldn't do that with him forcing me to talk to him and understand.

I walked over to my car to leave as I was standing in front of the driver's door I was suddenly pulled back and a cloth fell over my mouth muffling my screams. It was also over my nose forcing me to smell chloroform. I stumble back against the person as I start to feel lightheaded. My vision blurs and my eyes fall shut as I fall limp.

~The Next Day~

~Levi~

I woke up on the couch. I was surprised I got any sleep at all last night with how everything played out. (Y/N) was still at her mother's, slowly sitting up I held my head in my hands. I should've told her sooner.

Shaking my head I slowly rise from the couch, I walk over to the telephone that was on the kitchen counter. Picking it up I then go to the fridge, I slowly dialed her mother's number then unsure of what to do next I think back to what (Y/N) had done before. I place the phone to my ear, there was a weird ringing sound until I heard shuffling.

"Hello, (Y/N) look I'm sorry about the other-"

"It's Levi," I tell her.

"Oh, hi. Where is (Y/N)?" she asks.

My heart dropped at her question. "I was hoping with you. She and I... we had a little argument and she wanted to stay with you." I tell her.

"Well, she's not here. Maybe she went to Desiree's place." Katherine says.

I nod my head. "I'll call her."

"Okay, and if she's not with her then please call me again," Katherine says now sounding a little more worried than before. I hung up the phone then looked back at the fridge. Why would she go to Desiree's when she said she was going to her mother's? Maybe to talk to Desiree?

After calling Desiree, I found that (Y/N) wasn't there either. I was really starting to worry now, I call back Katherine. "Hey, she wasn't at Desiree's either," I tell her.

"Alright, can you get yourself over here? I'm gonna call the police, but first, can you tell me what you two were fighting about?" she asks.

"...We were just a little stressed about the move, it's nothing major just said some things we didn't mean," I answer quickly.

"Okay, just get here and we'll talk to the police together okay?" she asks.

"Alright," I tell her.

Since (Y/N) took her car, and I didn't know how to drive, I ran. I ran across town until I reached Katherine's house. Jogging up to the door I lightly knock on it while I stood there catching my breath. I turn back and see two cop cars parked along the curb. I turn back when the door opens, Milo lets me in.

"Hi! Come sit," she says patting down on the couch.

"Oh, nice to see you again." one of the officers says.

Katherine's smile drops and her face turns to confusion. "Again?" she asks.

Sitting down beside her I nod my head. "The other night his girlfriend- your daughter called reporting a break-in. We picked up a man named Andrew Graham who was also reported for stalking your daughter. He was let out on bail the other day." the officer explains.

"Andrew's been stalking you guys? Why?" Katherine asks.

"Because he thinks he's in love with her. Not too long ago he came and tried to kidnap her after work. I got there in time but..." I stop and look down at the floor.

"Do you think he might've taken her?" Katherine asks.

Dear God, I hope not. "It's possible," I say softly.

"Then he'd be violating the restraining order (Y/N) got against him." the policeman says.

"What are the penalties for him violating it?" I ask.

"A fee and up to a year in prison. If he's done anything else to her that causes harm then he could be imprisoned longer." the man answers.

I nod my head and look back down at the floor. If I had told her sooner, she wouldn't have gotten mad at me...and we wouldn't be in the predicament.

~(Y/N)~

My eyes slowly open, squinting a little my eyes slowly adjusted to the darkness. I could make out a few things across the room. As I go to sit up I fall forward finding my hands were cuffed behind my back. I tried to move my feet but they were also cuffed.

Where am I? Who the hell took me? Then the door in front of me opened, a blinding light swept in revealing most of the room. A basement, I was in a basement. Walking in he looked down at me with a soft smile. Wait a minute...I remember this place. Andrew stood in front of me with a smile that only seemed to grow bigger. He had brought me back...back to my father's house and locked me in the basement. Why here? How did he even know this place?

"So glad you're awake. I thought I might've put too much chemical on the cloth." 

═════ 🌙 ═════