31

Chapter 31: Safe Again

═════ 🌙 ═════

~Levi~

Four cops and I were standing outside (Y/N)'s father's house, they had parked about a block away so Andrew wouldn't suspect anything. With a battering ram, they brought it up high in the hair and swung hard against the door.

The door broke in and they rushed in. The four toppled over Andrew tackling him to the ground. There were grunts and pained groans. I rushed past the door, stopping right in front of the door I look down finding the body lying face down. I kneel down to place my hand on the person, "Don't! I'll get them." one of the officers say. Nodding I then turn and start running upstairs to see if she was up there, I had to act quick.

(Y/N) wasn't upstairs though so running back downstairs. "Over here!" I hear one of the men call. I run over towards the kitchen and there was a doorway leading into a dark basement. Are you sur-

"Levi?!" I hear her call.

Running down the stairs, I jump off the last couple of steps. I dart my head back and forth until my eyes land on her, she was small, curled up against the back left corner of the room. I dash over to her, her cries were loud and she was cuffed cowering in the corner. When she saw me she tried coming to me but falls to the ground on her stomach, she was shaking with fear. "M-my hands," she says lifting her cuffed hands.

She was dirty, really dirty. Scooping her up, I carry her in a bridal style up the stairs, she whimpers against my neck. I carry her through the kitchen and towards the front door but stop when I laid eyes on the body I first saw when I came in. It was Lizzi. I wanted to get her out before she saw but it was too late.

"Oh, my- Lizzi!" (Y/N) cries louder after gasping when her eyes laid on Lizzi. (Y/N) squirmed in my arms before hiding her face in my neck crying even louder than before. One police officer came over and picked the locks at her cuffs releasing her from her restraints. She quickly wrapped her arms around my neck holding me tightly. Placing my hand on the back of her head, I look away and shut my eyes tightly. I step around Lizzi who was being pulled up onto a gurney.

When I walked out I set (Y/N) down on an empty gurney, they were going to take her to the hospital and I was going to go with them. Walking down the sidewalk beside the moving gurney, I look over at one of the police cars. Andrew was already in one of the cop cars, I could hear his muffled screams from the car, but I ignored them. If I had my way Andrew wouldn't be leaving this place alive that was for sure.

Getting in the back of the ambulance they shut the door as I sat beside (Y/N). Although the relief was setting in slowly, the worry still remained. (Y/N) laid there on her back crying still, her hands hiding her face. With the back of my right hand, I gently caress the back of her wrists. In these last few days, I had never been so scared in my life. She had lost her true best friend, the one that in the end turned out to be her true savior.

~Time Skip~

After (Y/N) had been examined I stayed in her room, sitting in the chair beside her bed she was resting. The doctor called her mother and stepfather, they were on their way from what the doctor told me. Her body was covered in new scratches and bruises.

Luckily it was nothing life-threatening. Before I was able to see her during her examination, they had stitched up her thigh according to (Y/N) she told the doctors Andrew shot at her and was just nicked. Her face was scratched up and bruised from the beatings she took. What man does this to a woman he supposedly loves?

Slowly her eyes began to open, letting out a sigh she turns her head to me. Leaning over I take her hand in mine. "Hey, how are you feeling?" I whisper. It was a stupid question but I had to ask, I didn't know what else to ask anyway.

Pursing her lips together. She nods, "Better...sore." she answers.

I nod my head and stand up. "I'm so sorry this happened to you," I mutter. With my left hand, I place it on top of her head, my thumb gently stroking up and down her forehead.

She shakes her head and looks down at our hands. "No...I should've been more careful," she mutters.

I shake my head and lean down, pressing my mouth into her forehead I shut my eyes. "Well, you don't have to worry about him anymore," I whisper.

She lets out another sigh as she shuts her eyes ready to rest again, but she couldn't because her mother and stepfather came rushing in. Her mom weeping already as she passed through the door. The room was filled with cries and a lot of hugging. (Y/N)'s bottom lip quivers as she starts to sob again in her mother's arms, I step back allowing them to see her.

"We were so worried about you." Katherine cries as she holds her daughter. (Y/N) started to cry a little louder again.

"I'm sorry I-" she says and wipes her eyes.

"Shh, it's okay. That asshat can't watch you anymore..." Katherine says.

Later that evening after spending some time talking, Katherine and Milo left back for home and promised they'd come back in the morning. I stood by the bed still, (Y/N) smiled gently my way before slowly moving over. "Your feet must be getting sore," she mutters.

"I'm alright," I tell her.

"Still get in." she says.

Slowly I climb into the bed and lie on my side next to her. I was unsure how to hold her without hurting her, I knew that her stomach was hurt as well because Andrew I guess kicked her a few times. She cuddles against me and lets out a sigh. "Sorry if this delays our-"

"Shh, it's fine. We can stay a few more days if you want...to make up for lost time." I whisper.

(Y/N) smiles, biting her bottom lip. "Hey stop that, you'll open the cut," I whisper as I place my pointer finger on her bottom lip where the cut was. Her eyes dart down and her lips quiver again.

She looked like she was going to cry again, wrapping my arm around her she started to lose it again. "He hurt me....and I didn't do anything!" she cries.

I turn my head and press my mouth against the side of her head. "He was going to kill me, Levi! He was gonna kill me then himself." she cries, turning her head she hides her face in my chest. I hated hearing her cry, seeing her cry. Breathing slowly I did my best to keep my composure. I wouldn't doubt for a second that this whole situation brought up unwanted memories and thoughts.

"A-and then he killed her! He killed Lizzi- and now her last memory of me is gonna be me kicking her ass!" she cries.

"Shh, it's not your fault," I mutter.

I held her close until she stopped crying, I was bad at the whole comforting thing and I felt like everything I was doing was no help to her. I didn't know what to say to make her feel better. So all I did was stay beside her, making sure she felt safe. Making sure she knew she wasn't alone and wouldn't be ever again. 

═════ 🌙 ═════