6

Chapter 6: Family, Forever

═════ 🌙 ═════

~(Y/N)~

I knew I couldn't avoid it, since getting on good terms with my mother, it was inevitable that we'd see each other again in the near future. And if it wasn't for last week then Levi wouldn't have to worry about going with me.

~Flashback~

Levi and I were at the grocery store picking up a few things to make for dinner. As Levi handled the cart I stood beside him picking a few things off the shelves. We turned down an aisle with alcohol and Levi looked at the shelves before picking something and putting it in the cart. I didn't mind, since it would be something he could try. The next aisle over there were coffee and teas.

I knew then I'd be leaving with quite a few sets of tea for him. As we came up to the tea Levi grabbed two boxes and examined them to see which was better. While he did that I took over on the cart and headed up a little further, but not far enough to where he wouldn't be able to find me.

"(Y/N)?" I hear a familiar voice call. Right in front of me, my mother stood at the other end of the car smiling while holding a basket filled with food.

"Hey, mom, what brings you-

I was interrupted when Levi dropped a couple of boxes in the cart and stood next to me with arms crossed. "Oh, who's this honey?" she asks.

"He's my fr-"

"I'm her lover." Levi interrupts.

Quickly I purse my lips together and turn my head the other way. "Oh... lovely- she hasn't really mentioned you." my mother says.

I turn back to look at her with a slight smile. "Yeah- I was gonna tell you but uh... we've been kinda busy," I tell her.

My mother smiles softly and nods. "Well, now that I know. Milo and I were planning for you to come have dinner with us sometime. Your boyfriend is invited too, it'll give us a chance to get to know him." She says.

Oh lovely. "Sure thing mom. Just text me later. Levi and I were headed to checkout." I say as I start to push the cart, and pull Levi along with me at the same time past my mother. I had to get out of there before he could say anymore.

~Flashback Over~

I paced back and forth in the bedroom while Levi sat on the bed watching me quietly. I was in a formal dark red dress barefoot panicking. What if he says the wrong thing? Brings up old time when he was my captain... so much could go wrong.

My thoughts stopped when Levi grabbed my hands. I looked down at him curiously wondering what he needed. "Everything is gonna be fine. Stop worrying, it's just dinner," he reassures me.

I then knelt before him, resting my hands on his laps. "What if she asks where you're from? You can't say, Wall Rose, because it's all ruins now. You can't mention anything about your time."

"If they ask, I can say that I was named after my many great grandfather Levi Ackerman, they'll believe that. And as for where I'm from, I'll just say I was born here, this is within where Wall Rose once was," he says.

I sigh softly and rest my head on his lap. "You're right, I'm just nervous. They'll be suspicious for sure that I moved in with someone I've only technically been dating about a week." I tell him.

Levi simply rolls his eyes at the comment. "That time apart counts, because I didn't court anyone else while you were away," he says.

I stand up and look at him. "Neither did I but you have to understand I didn't expect to see you again. Although I thought about how we'd see each other again countless times. I didn't think it'd actually happen.... I thought you would've eventually moved on and married someone else." I say mutter at the end.