54

Chapter 54: Two Dangerous Brothers

═════ 🌙 ═════

~854~

~(Y/N)~

After doing some cleaning and feeding (C/N) lunch there was a knock at the door. Walking over I let out a sigh as I open the door. It was a cadet, and for a mere second I thought the worst thing possible up until he handed me an envelope. "Oh, thank you," I mutter as I take the letter from him.

He nods and turns back heading down the path while I stood there. (C/N) ran up to me and tugged at my pants, looking down I smile then go to pick him up. Resting him on my hip I then go and open the letter. "We finally got a letter from papa," I tell him.

Going over to the couch we both sit down, (C/N) now sitting in my lap. As I open the letter I pull out the note and unfold it and begin reading my husband's writing.

(Y/N),

I hope you're doing well, I would wait to tell you in person but I miss you. Luckily our mission is over here in Marley. Although I wouldn't call it much of a success, we do have Eren and Zeke in our custody but it cost a lot of innocent lives.

Not to mention we lost someone within my squad. Cadet Sasha Braus was shot and killed by a brat and her friend. We have them too and will be on our way home. I assume we'll be there within the next few days. Anyway, I'll see you soon brat.

~Levi

Smiling I fold the note and set it on the coffee table along with the other letters. "He'll be home soon," I inform my three-year-old. Standing back up I head to the kitchen to clean off (C/N)'s high chair. I felt relieved though knowing Levi would soon be home, but sure enough he'd be gone again dealing with Zeke or Eren.

~Days Later~

With (C/N) resting on my hip I watched as the blimp landed on the ground. Pointing at it I got (C/N) to look at it. After a few minutes, the door finally opened and people began walking out. I saw Eren in cuffs as they led him to a carriage.

Next, I watched as Levi stepped out and looked around, that was until his eyes met mine. He smirks and walks down the ramp and over to us in which he stops once I set (C/N) down. Levi missed his first steps but now was his chance to see. "Go to Daddy," I whisper. Squatting down I gently push him towards Levi. Curious he stumbles around while looking around at the other, Levi slowly walks up not wanting to startle his son and once the baby got to him Levi took him into his arms.

Holding him, Levi kisses the top of his head. "He's gotten so big, hey babe." he greets before kissing me.

"Hey." I saw with a soft smile.

"I got a few minutes, how are you?" he asks.

Resting his hand on my back he both walk a little bit. "Good, everything's good. (C/N) did have a fever not too long ago but thanks to some of the cadets that were in training they were around to help out. Plus the stuff Hanji sent really helped out so I'll need to thank her." I tell him.

Pressing his lips into the side of my head he lets out a sigh, he was relieved to be home. "That's good. I wish I could spend more time with you but I have to take Zeke away for a bit and keep watch," he informs me.

"Okay, how long will that be?" I ask out of curiosity.

He shrugs his shoulders. "I'm not sure, hopefully not too long. But I'd stay out of town...you've heard about the Jaegerists right? If things get worse they'll go after anyone who's trying to keep Zeke and Eren apart that includes you since you're with me...if you sense trouble go to Historia's, she's far from the villages you'll be safe with her." he warns me softly.

I nod my head. "Not to mention Eren's unpredictable right now. He'll be imprisoned for the time being." he also warns.

"He's trying to find another way in order to save Historia isn't he?" I ask.

He nods, "Thing is there isn't really another way...I don't think." he mutters.

Letting out a sigh I nod. He had kept me up to day with everything that was going on, it won't be long before Marley is at our doorstep. I'm sure they've already declared war on our ass, looking down at my son he looks back up at me then at Levi. "Maybe I should head to Historia's now-"

"No-" he stops and sighs. "I don't mean to worry you. I just want you to be careful. Don't go to hers just yet not until you know people are coming after you too. Only Hanji knows what I tell you...so as long as it's just us you shouldn't have to worry too much." he says.

I nod. "Write me again okay? And watch your back, Zeke may have come back with us, but that doesn't mean he's completely on our side. Who knows what kind of ulterior motives he has." I mutter to him.

He nods then leans in to kiss me again. "I will, promise," he says with that he pecks his son's head then rushes off to the carriage containing Zeke. With a sigh, I watch as he steps in, I smile and wave only wishing I had more time with him. I even for once prayed he'd to keep him safe.

~Levi~

Shutting the door I sit across from him and cross my arms. "Never pegged you for the married type," Zeke says.

"Tch, I guess you shouldn't assume," I mumble, the carriage took off heading through Trost heading to the titan forest. The ride was mostly quiet until we reached town and Zeke decided to bring up that people got news of our 'victory'.

I let out a few threats while keeping my glare on him. I wasn't going to let his little polite act throw me off one bit. Nor was he going to see his half-brother any time soon, because who knows what they'd plan. Surely something that wouldn't benefit anyone here. 

═════ 🌙 ═════