11

Chapter 11: A Child's Memory

═════ 🌙 ═════

~Andrew~

~Memory~

Although I had seen her in middle school, this was our first official meeting. I stood beside her in the library admiring her from afar, from time to time I'd help the librarians after school, putting books away and sorting them.

I slowly pushed the cart of books towards her, making sure not to hit her I stopped it just in front of her. She glances over and steps out of the way thinking I needed to pass by. "Oh no, you're okay," I tell her.

She smiles gently and nods. Man, she was beautiful. It was about a month into our 8th-grade year, two years after I moved to Germany. My father wanted to open up a building for his company here so now we would travel back and forth between London and here.

I walk around her and place some books on the shelf in order, glancing down I find she's looking at a biography on Claude Monet. "You need help finding something? I know where to find a few more books on him if you're interested." I suggest.

Looking up at me she smiles. "Sure, thanks," she says softly.

Leaving the cart behind I lead her back to the biography section, looking at the book numbers I located at least three books on Monet. Handing them to her she looked through each of them to see which one would give her more information. "Is it for an art class or something?" I ask.

She nods, her left hand comes up to the side of her head, she pushed some hair behind her hair. "Thank you..." her voice trailed off, unsure what to call me.

"Andrew, I'm Andrew Graham," I answer.

"(Y/N) Jaeger." she replies.

It had a nice ring to it, smiling gently I turn away as my face begins to heat up. I had already held feelings for her, but now my emotions were going crazy, my heart was pounding, and my palms were beginning to sweat. "Uh... I wanted to ask, maybe we should hang out sometime." I ask nervously.

Her smile drops a bit as she turns to look forward. "I'd love to...but I can't," she says.

Confused I turn to her. "Why not?" I ask.

She holds herself now as she turns her head away to look towards the librarian's desk. "My dad... he's really strict," she answers.

Oh...protective dad, I get that. "W-well, we can always hang out at lunch... or on our free periods," I suggest.

She then turns her head towards me and smiles. "Sure," she says with a soft smile now.

"O-okay! How about tomorrow after first period, meet me on the roof." I tell her rather loudly. She chuckles softly before thanking me again, with that she walked away and made her way to the librarian where she checked out her books. I stood there in the aisle watching her do so, and when she left I got back to work.

~Memory Over~

Why is that just now coming to me? I had gone through a woman's purse after she asked me to keep watch over it while she ran off somewhere. I took her phone and wallet before making my escape. I managed to unlock her phone and set a new password on it, she had a good amount of cash in it as I picked out the id cards, I knew I wouldn't be able to use the credit cards because they could trace me through it.

Going into my social media I find (Y/N)'s Facebook profile. Of course, she hadn't really updated it, but there was only one photo, and that was with her mom and Milo. There were no photos of her and Levi anywhere. She didn't have him as a friend on Facebook. Where is this Levi person from? How did the two meet?

Shutting off the phone I shove it back into my pocket. She's mine, and I'll die trying to get her. I left the park and headed back for the alleyway in which I called home. From there I planned to keep a close watch the next time I find (Y/N). I didn't trust this Levi guy, who knows what he's done. Maybe I could convince (Y/N) that Levi isn't as good for her as he seems. Then I'll have her all to myself.

~(Y/N)~

That afternoon I sat on the couch leaning against Levi as we watched TV, well Levi watched TV and I was looking through the book he brought that was once an old woman's. It was the one that helped me travel back, and now I was getting a closer look at it.

At first, Levi thought I was joking about taking Dutchess with us, but I knew that if I left her my mother would end up giving her away or killing the cat due to lack of care. I had found that for animals it was similar but instead of blood, they would just need some of their fur.

Levi had brought one thing from that time and it was his cravat. Now, all we needed was to find a stone to pass through. There was always back at the headquarters, I'm sure there were some around there, but I wasn't in a big rush to go searching at the moment.

My phone then went off and I found I had gotten a text from Desiree. Unlocking my phone I read the message. 'Hey! I was wondering if you wanted to hang out tomorrow?'

I quickly answer her saying that I would be available after my classes tomorrow and that I would like that. After shutting off my phone, I lean my head on Levi's shoulder as I shut the book. With a sigh, I look at the TV with him. As much as I wanted to go back, I also wanted to spend just a little more time with my family and friends. I just hoped he wouldn't start losing his memories...

═════ 🌙 ═════