8

Chapter 8: Does That Help?

═════ 🌙 ═════

~Levi~

Lying on the couch, the cat Dutchess came and stood on my chest purring softly as she head-butted me a few times. My hand runs along her back as I pet her softly, I had to admit I was growing fond of the furry beast.

Suddenly the kitchen light flicked on making me jolt up from the couch. It was (Y/N), I quickly look over at the little box thing that had numbers on it. A digital clock. The device was able to create alarms, which turned out to be evil in the mornings when (Y/N) woke up to them.

Getting up off the couch, Dutchess fell to the floor and meowed softly while following me. (Y/N) turned on the stove with a pot of water over a burner. She stepped to the side grabbing a box of pasta that she would put into the water once it began to boil.

When she came to salt the water I came up behind her, wrapping my arms around her. Resting my chin on her shoulder I watched her fingers sprinkle the salt in before leaning slightly to put the salt back.

I pressed my lips against her shoulder slowly traveling up to her neck making her chuckle and tilt her head towards me. Then suddenly she jolted back and hissed in pain. Grabbing her right hand she turned to me as I quickly let her go.

"Shit, here," I say, leaning over I turn the burner off for a moment so I was able to tend to her burn. The middle of the back of her hand turned red as she held her hand out. Dammit. Turning to the fridge I grab out an icepack and quickly spin around to face her.

Quickly I take her hand in mine and with my other hand, I gently dab at her fingers. "Sorry," I mumble.

"It's okay, just a burn. I'll live," she says, after some time she swiped her hand away and turn back. That night we both made dinner instead of our usual turn taking where one night she'd make something then the next night I would. Guess I won't be doing that again while she's cooking.

~Time Skip~

~(Y/N)~

Lying in bed beside Levi who was already asleep, I stayed up reading a book with the light on. It didn't seem to bother him, but then again he usually fell asleep at his desk. Lying on his back I turn to look at him for a moment.

Stirring in his sleep I heard him mumble something. Curiously I lean in to hear what he was saying, it was 'no'. Before I knew it his fist came fast and hard toward my face hitting me smack dab on the nose. I fall back and grab my nose but then grab the book that was nearly falling off the bed. "No, no no no no!" Levi shouted until he woke from his sleep.

Quickly turning away I place the book on the nightstand then hold my nose. Quickly I grab some tissues that stayed by the bed in case someone was sick. Blood began to seep from my nose as I sat there hunched over with my back to Levi. He was huffing and groaning until he went silent. "What are you doing? Get back in be-" he stops, I assume he found the blood- my blood on the bed.

There was a shift on the bed when it felt like a weight had been lifted. Levi walks around the bed to my side curiously until he sees me holding tissues to my nose. "That's it I'm sleeping on the couch," he says.

"No no!" I say as I grab his arm.

"No, I fucking punch you in the face- in my sleep! I don't know what's with me today," he says muttering towards the end.

"You had a nightmare. And I'm okay, the bleeding will stop." Although the pain will still be here- at least he didn't break my nose.

Coming back over to me he pushed my hands away. "I didn't break anything did I?" he asks. Pulling the bloody tissues out of my nose he took a good look at my face, I could see the sorrow in his eyes.

"I'm fine, really," I say before grabbing more tissues.

He shook his head. "First your hand now your nose," he mutters.

Scooting closer I place my hand on his. "Levi, I'm okay... do you wanna talk about your nightmare?" I ask.

He shook his head, and I wasn't going to bother trying to get him to open up knowing it would only lead to an argument. "Here, move, I'm gonna change the sheets, you go clean up," he says. Slowly getting up off the bed I walk over to the closet and grab a new shirt... and pants apparently since there was blood on that too.

Once I had changed, I walked into the bedroom watching Levi put on the new sheets. When he had finished, he sat on the edge of the bed with his back to me. "I really think for tonight I should sleep on the couch... I don't wanna hurt you again," he says.

I shake my head and climb onto the bed, walking on my knees towards him I wrap my arms around his neck. "I'll live. Besides, the bleeding stopped. Next time I'll put a pillow over my face if you feel like punching something." I tell him as I release him and return back to my side.

"Tch, that doesn't make me feel better," he says.

He lays back slowly and turns towards me as he lays on his side beside me. Slowly leaning in I kiss him on the mouth softly, smiling into the kiss I slowly pull back slightly to meet his eyes as he looked at me, his brows furrowed at me as he frowned gently. "Does that help?" I ask.

He didn't respond so I leaned in and kissed him a little harder this time, in no time his left arm wrapped around my waist pulling me in. In the back of my head though, as we were making out, remained one question. What was his nightmare about? I assumed it had something to do with past battles... maybe dreaming of losing Erwin all over again... maybe Farlan and Isabel, but I knew it'd do me no good in trying to seek the answers from him. 

═════ 🌙 ═════