2

Chapter 2: Surreal

═════ 🌙 ═════

~The Next Morning~

~(Y/N)~

Laying on my side, I woke up feeling Levi's arms tightening around me. Last night wasn't a dream, it was all real. My body ached from last night's activities, as my eyes slowly open, I felt Levi's move a bit. "Good morning," he whispers in my ear.

A shiver went down my spine feeling his breath against my skin. Turning my head I smile gently as he leans in to greet me with a morning kiss. Soon parting, his lips traveled back until he kissed the back of my shoulder. Clutching the blanket I go to sit up, holding the blanket over my chest I turn my head back finding Levi laying on his back looking over at me.

Gently slapping him on the chest I smile gently. "We should get ready, we gotta get you some clothes," I tell him.

He sits up and nods. Standing up off the bed, I walk over to my closet and get dressed. Levi does the same in his older clothes, when we both were ready he and I walk out of my bedroom. Checking around we soon proceeded to the front door where we both quickly exited from. I ran over to the car and opened the passenger side for Levi.

Quickly he slips in and I shut the door again then walk around to the driver's side. Getting in I start up the car and buckle us up, I put the car in reverse and back out of the driveway. I drove to the nearest mall.

I park the car and shut it off, we both get out and make our way inside. I hadn't realized how crowded it was until we got inside. I would've grabbed Levi's hand, but he wasn't all into that kind of thing in public. So I held the bottom of his shirt gently as we made our way through the crowd. We went to Jack & Jones first and began looking, I let go of Levi's shirt and begin to browse.

He too starts to look around. Grabbing some pants he walks up to me and starts looking at some shirts. I picked out nothing to complex, just some simple clothes. Handing him the clothes I start to push him towards the fitting room just to be sure I got him the right size. "Where are you pushing me?" he whispers.

"The fitting room, you put on those clothes and see if they fit," I mutter back.

As we headed to the back I push open the door, I gently push him. Without warning, he turned to me and grabbed my wrist. "Come in here," he mutters. I look around and to my left, the worker was standing at the doorway.

"I can't, but I'll be right outside the door," I tell him.

Levi then looks at the worker then back at me. "I'm not gonna do anything." he says.

I nod my head. "I know, but-" He tugs me and shuts the door. Locking it I turn to him and roll my eyes and watch as he starts to change into the clothes I picked out. It was weird seeing him in such futuristic clothing, I was so used to seeing the cravat and uniform.

Thankfully the clothes did fit but he chose the ones he liked and we moved on to pick out some undergarments for him and a few other things he'd need. In the main part of the mall, we walked past a lingerie shop and I kept walking.

But when I turned to say something to him, I find he wasn't there. Looking back I found him looking through the window at a set. Rolling my eyes I rush back over and grab his arm. "I was looking at something," he says.

I shook my head and quickly walked away. "Yeah, not happening," I say.

~Time Skip~

After spending a few hours roaming around and shopping, we both decided we'd grab lunch. At the cafeteria section of the mall, we stood on the other side of the counter ordering drink at Starbucks.

When we got our drinks we moved on and grabbed something small before heading to a table to eat. Levi looks around and on the table next to use was some trash causing him to cringe. "God, doesn't anyone know how to pick up their shit?" he asks.

Watching as he leaned over to pick up the trash, he stood up and look around seeming to find a bin to throw it in. While he did that I watched him contently, it all felt surreal and I knew that I couldn't put off asking what he was doing here, I had a pretty good idea. But I needed to know if Hanji even knew if he was here.

After Levi came back to the table he sat down with a sigh. "Okay, we need to talk," I say as I lean on the table.

As he takes another bite of his food, he glances up and looks at me then nods. "Does Hanji know you're here?" I ask first.

He nods his head immediately. "I told her the moment you left that I was going to travel forward," he says.

"And why exactly? I mean I can guess but I'd rather hear you say it-

"For you... obviously. I was done losing people, so I came to get you and convince you to come back with me." he says.

I sigh and lean back in my chair. "Is it even possible now? I mean for me? I know you can if you have the right supplies." I wonder.

He smirks. "And here I thought I'd have to put up a fight with you... What changed your mind?" he asks.

I shrug my shoulders and drink my ice tea. "I'm not exactly saying yes. Even if I did go back, it could potentially mess things up." I say.

He nods and leans over the table to whisper to me. "It's worth the risk though isn't it?" he asks.

I bit my bottom lip, he was right and it's not like I had anyone special around here. Sure I had my mother and Desiree... and Dutchess. But they'd all be just fine without me around, and all the bad memories would be gone... basically, any memories I had from this time would be gone and all I'd have were the memories with Levi. "Well, we've got time to think this over... but in the meantime, I do want to find a spot- just in case we do decide to go through with it- I'm not saying we will, but just in case." I ramble on.

He nods and leans back in his chair while sipping at his drink. "This is disgusting," he mutters while cringing at the tea. Smiling over at him I look down at my small paper plate and continue eating my food. At least for now, I want to enjoy his company... then I'll decide.

"So, where else are we gonna go today?" he asks.

That's when he reminded me of something. "Oh-" I stop and look down at my wristwatch. "Well, I'm gonna have to go and sign for one of the places I'm going to rent. I have to be there in half an hour." I say.

We spent a while longer eating then hit the road onto the next thing I had to do today. I know my mother would be home and would have to explain myself, and that was one conversation I wasn't ready for. 

═════ 🌙 ═════