17

Chapter 17: And So It Truly Begins

═════ 🌙 ═════

~Andrew~

Night had fallen and I was out watching her again. After obtaining her phone number from her boss, who so stupidly handed it over when I told them I was a dear friend who wanted to contact her. The old woman was too trusting in others. Now I was watching (Y/N) walk up to her house.

Since our last meeting, she's been taking her car and a little more cautious about her surroundings. Behind her tree I watched her come up to the door and look back for only a moment before entering, that's when I pulled out the phone I stole.

Entering my contacts I call her, placing the phone to my ear I wait for it to ring.

~(Y/N)~

After walking inside, my phone started to go off once I reached the kitchen. Looking down at the number it wasn't one I had in my contacts. Maybe it's Milo? He's been meaning to give me his number.

I answer the call. "Hello?" I answer.

"Come outside." Andrew's voice comes on and my heart drops, my head darts to the window.

"How did you get this number?" I ask.

"Your boss gave it to me. Now please come outside so we can talk," he says.

"After what you pulled? You can go to hell Andrew." I say.

I hear him chuckle softly over the phone. "That's fine, I might just have to come in and talk to you myself. Maybe we can talk in the kitchen, it's a nice kitchen. Or maybe the living room, that's cozy... no, the bedroom that's more private. Levi won't walk in on us talking-"

I felt disgusted before I knew it I was running around the house making sure everything was locked. I hadn't noticed Levi walking out of the bathroom finding me locking the final window frantically. "I can always break the window (Y/N). I'll do whatever it takes for you to talk to me, so we can work this out," he says.

I drop the phone and stand back in fear bumping into Levi I jolt back nearly hitting. "Woah, hey? What's wrong?" he asks.

"A-Andrew he's-" Without another word, Levi headed for the door, and without any protection. He stood at the steps and looks around I run after him, standing in the doorway I look out same as him.

"Stay here," he says.

He takes another step down and along the sidewalk, he looks both ways, I watch him pull out a pocket knife as he looks around. Levi comes back I grab him by his shirt and pull him inside, shutting the door quickly I flip the lock and turn to him.

"What did he say?" he asks.

I look down and let out a sigh. "He wanted to talk- he started talking about the inside of the house, he must've run off when I drop the phone," I say.

"What did he want to talk about?" Levi then asks.

I shrug my shoulders. "I never let him tell me. But I can assume it was about mine and his relationship." I tell him.

Levi turns his back to me letting out a sigh, with his right hand he rubs his face seeming frustrated while his left hand was propped at his hip. "I didn't think I'd have to worry about anything while I was here. We should go, if we stay any longer Andrew might try and snatch you," he says as he turns to me.

"Levi I'm not-"

"I know, I know you want to spend more time with your family, I understand. And the whole thing with Desiree, but what's more important (Y/N) is that you're safe. You're not safe here while Andrew roams the streets, and I can't always be with you (Y/N), you know that." he says.

In my heart, I knew he was right, that we should leave, but I needed more time. It's not like we have a concrete plan on how we're getting back with my cat, nor do we know where an unmarked grave is. "One more week, give me one more week to say goodbye to everyone. To find a couple of unmarked graves for us, just please Levi." I beg.

I walk up to him and press myself into his chest. He lets out a tired sigh and places his left hand on my face. "Ten days, I'll give you ten days after that we're leaving," he says calmly. I jerk upward capturing his lips into a soft kiss as a thank you.

"Thank you, thank you," I say.

~Andrew~

I watched them from the tree after returning, I could see them kissing and I hated it. That should be me, I should be holding her, protecting her. After Levi took his mouth off of hers, (Y/N) came and shut the curtains leaving me to see nothing else, only to wonder.

~(Y/N)~

After dinner, I met Levi in the bedroom finding him reading his book, Dutchess was laying between his legs looking like she was ready to fall asleep. Walking up to the bed I climb in and rest my head on his arm.

"I'm gonna quit my job tomorrow," I tell him.

"Alright, do you want me to be there to walk you home?" he asks.

"Nah, I'll take the car," I tell him.

He nods silently as he flips the page to his book. "I am sorry that I'm making you wait. It's just, my friends and family...I want to be able to give them better memories of me. My mother hasn't been there for me since I was a little girl, she didn't watch me grow up so I feel like she needs something to hold onto. And Desiree, she was there for me when I came back, she knew about the whole time traveling stuff and didn't think I was crazy." I explain.

"I understand, as long as we look for the stones and prepare then I'll back off until then," he says.

I shook my arms around his as I look forward. "And...I want you..to be involved. Think of them as your family too Levi, because I'm hoping uh, and I'm not saying you have to but uh...I'm hoping when we get back that we'll you know." I stop and start humming the 'Here Comes the Bride' tune.

I look up at him finding he's already looking down at me, his face was unphased but I'm sure he's surprised. "I-I'm not saying you have to ask me or anything like that. It's just a hope of mine-"

I was cut off by a pair of lips attaching to mine, the kiss was soft and sweet, Levi grabbed my upper arm keeping me close as I lie there kissing him back. When he pulled back he remains within kissing range, "I wouldn't mind being married to you, would you mind being married to me?" he asks.

I bit my bottom lip with a soft smile. "No, I wouldn't," I mutter. He pulls away and turns his attention back to the book and flips to the next page. I see a soft smile tug at his lips. I rest my head back on his arm and as we spent the rest of the night cuddle up in bed with hopes for the future, we became oblivious to what was truly beginning. 

═════ 🌙 ═════