58

Chapter 58: Seeking Shelter With The Queen

Again please remember, I wrote this chapter before the official manga chapter came out. So please refrain from commenting about how it's wrong or "that's not what happened" I know that's not how it happened but I had to improvise and be creative! I hope you understand :)

═════ 🌙 ═════

~(Y/N)~

Setting (C/N) back down I place him behind me in case it was someone who wanted to hurt us. As I open the door I peek out looking to find a girl standing there with a letter. It was the same girl who was with Hanji. "Commander Hanji wanted me to give you this," she says.

I nod and take it from her, my hands shaking in fear. "T-thank you," I say before shutting the door. Flipping the lock I turn back and rip the letter open and unfold it. Hanji had written it, well scribbled it.

You need to hurry and leave. I've only got a couple of minutes to get this all out but Floch has sent a group to come kill you, before they do so to Levi. I tried to stop him, right now he's going to have me take him to where Zeke and Levi are. I suggest you go where Levi told you to and do not contact me until further notice.

With that, I drop the letter, grab (C/N) along with my bags, and rush outside. My horse was by the door. Quickly I hook the bags on its side and set (C/N) on the horse. "Hang on sweetie, I don't want you to fall," I say.

Getting on the horse I grab onto the reigns and turn the horse back and head down the path again. This time heading for Historia's farm. With my hood up, I made no stops, fearing that if I slowed down for even a moment that Floch's group would be right behind me.

~Time Skip~

The gate opens thanks to one of the children. The farm was mainly an orphanage that Historia and Levi both planned together bringing kids from the underground city up here to lead better lives. "Thank you," I say.

My horse trots up a little further along the dirt path until I reach the house. I hope off the horse then grab (C/N). And there in the chair, I saw the queen sitting, with her hands resting on her growing belly. As I stood there looking at her for a moment I then quickly bow. "Your Highness." I greet.

She smiles weakly. "No need for formalities (Y/N). Levi informed me you'd arrive here at some point. It's a shame to see so many of our comrades turn their backs on us." she says.

I nod in agreement. "Have you heard anything from Levi?" I ask.

She shook her head until a man came. "Come inside Historia, your body is fragile." the man says. With the sun going down I understood the reason too, the man steps over and helps her up while I continued to sit there.

"Come (Y/N). I'm sure you and your child are hungry," she says.

Nodding I pick up my son and walk up the stairs then into the house. As I stood in the doorway I look back and let out a sigh. The forest shouldn't be too far from here. I'll leave in the morning. Shutting the door behind me I go and take a seat with them at their table as the food was laid out on the table. Two plates were set down for both me and my son, I pick off some food for him and lay it on his plate.

I could feel Historia's eyes on me. "He's gotten big since the last time I saw him," she says.

I smile and nod. "Yeah, he's growing up pretty fast. And you, I'm sure you're already feeling the baby kick." I say.

She nods. "A little," she mutters.

After that, the room fell silent as I first let (C/N) eat before I got something myself. When dinner was finished Historia slowly stood up. Your room is through that door, I'm sorry I don't have a crib for your son to sleep in." she says.

"It's okay, he's been sleeping in the bed with me for some time now," I answer.

She smiles and nods before retiring to her room. Letting out a sigh I turn back to my child and clean his face off. He seemed tired like me, as he yawned but he also needed a bath. Yawning right after him I stack mine and his plate on top of one another. I was about to take it to the sink when Historia's friend came over and took them. "Go ahead and get some rest," he says.

I nod. "Thank you." I sigh. Grabbing (C/N) I hear for the bedroom. I guess Historia had another person bring in the bags attached to my horse. With a sigh, I set (C/N) down on the bed. At least we were safe now, and tomorrow I'd go and make sure Levi was too. After giving (C/N) a bath I place him back on the bed and get in next to him. Laying with my arm draped over his waist I let out a tired sigh.

"Mama, where is papa?" he asks.

I let out another sigh. It made me happy when he talked, he didn't usually. He was a quiet kid, but I smile and kiss the top of his head. "Your father is camping out in a forest somewhere. Working." I answer.

Turning to me he hides his face in my shirt. "I want papa," he mumbles. I couldn't agree more.

═════ 🌙 ═════