33

Chapter 33: Elizabeth Fischer

═════ 🌙 ═════

~(Y/N)~

The next morning it was raining, rolling around I fall against Levi who was lying on his back. His eyes were opened slightly, as he looked to the window. He's not gonna want to get out of bed today.... The rain reminds him of them.

Turning away I sit up on the bed with my back to him. I needed to get ready, the service was going to be starting...I stop and check the clock. In about an hour and a half. I would've had more time if I hadn't slept in.

"I'm going to get ready," I mutter.

"I'll come to-"

I turn to him. "It's okay, it's a rainy day...you don't-"

"I'm fine, come on," he says as he quickly gets up, walking around the bed he comes to stand in front of me. Extending his hand out I look at it then up at his face, although he seemed alright I knew what rainy days meant to him.

"We'll save water if we shower together," he says.

Nodding I take his hand and go to the bathroom with him. Undressing, I step over and turn on the shower, placing my hand under the water I waited for it to get to the perfect temperature before he and I both step in.

Standing under the water first I let it wet my hair while Levi stood there looking at me. His eyes roaming up and down, soon we switch places, grabbing some soap I lather it along his chest and abdomen.

When he turned his back to me I did the same, helping him wash. Soon he did the same for me, after our shower, we dressed in dark formal clothing. I in a simple black dress, and him the suit I bought him and instead of wearing a tie, he wore his cravat.

Looking in the mirror he came up behind me, leaning forward pressing his lips into my cheek I smile slightly and look one last time. After that, we headed to the cemetery, my mother and Milo were there along with Lizzi's parents. In the rain, standing under an umbrella we all stood around her casket.

Levi had his arm wrapped around my waist as the priest reads lines from the bible, afterward a few family and friends had speeches after we all watched the casket being lowered.

As we were heading to the car, I was stopped by Lizzi's mother. Both Levi and I stop and turn to her. "Thank you for coming today," she says.

"Of course," I say grabbing her hand.

"I wanted to show you something...now this isn't really the day to do this. But you need to know."

Confused I turn to Levi who followed us over to a bench. Lizzi's mother pulled a cracked phone, it was Lizzi's. "We had gotten this yesterday...Lizzi recorded her time in the house before she..." Lizzi's mom stops and turns her head.

I place my hand on her arm now trying to comfort her. Handing me the phone I open the recording and it starts playing.

"Is there a reason why you called me to this shithole?" Lizzi asks.

There were footsteps and sounds of trash being kicked. "I need your help moving (Y/N). You have a car and I don't. They'll find me here Liz." Andrew tells her.

"And why would I help you kidnap my best friend?" she asks.

"Because you've made it clear that you hate her guts. So why would you care?" he asks.

She scoffs. "Just because she and I stopped being friends not to mention the things I said...but what you're doing is wrong," she argues.

There was a brief pause before Andrew started laughing. "What I'm doing for her is best, she needs-"

"She doesn't need you, Andrew. I never thought you'd turn out to be this person...like her dad but I guess shit happens." Lizzi interrupts.

I place my hand over my mouth as I continue to listen. "I am nothing like her dad!" he snaps.

"Oh yeah? Then what are you doing? Why is there blood on your hands? I know it's not yours Andrew." Lizzi snaps back.

There was then another set of footsteps and some shuffling. "I'm not going to help you hurt her. She may not care for me anymore but I'll do this one thing for her to make sure she isn't surrounded by men like you ever again!" Lizzi yells.

"Why? Is not like she'll give a shit what you do...I saw how she beat you after going after Levi." he says.

"Because I was stupid! I let guys control my life, and I'm not gonna let (Y/N) suffer the same thing too, and worse actually. No matter what kind of shit she and I fight over, she will always...always be my best friend." Lizzi yells.

That was the end of their conversation, after that there was the loud bang of the gun going off then Lizzi falling to the floor. Quickly I wipe away the tears that slowly fell down my face as I let out a sigh. "She texted the location to Milo before she went in...in case you were somewhere in the house." Lizzi's mom says.

Letting out a sigh, I take her mother into my arms as we sob softly at the great loss we both have had now that Lizzi was gone. Thankfully Andrew would be paying for what he's done. But I would never truly be able to thank Lizzi for saving my life. "I wish I could thank her." I sob.

"I know." her mom croaks.

Images of her body came back to mind from when Levi and the police saved me. Although they were the ones to thank, Lizzi too had some part in this. I regret beating her and neglecting her as I did. We both made mistakes and said things we regretted.

After sitting with her mother and talking Levi grabbed my arm gently pulling me to my feet. "Thank you for showing me," I say to Lizzi's mom.

She nods and smiles weakly. "And I'm sorry about your daughter," I tell her.

With that, Levi and I headed to the car, we would be going over to my mother's house to spend a little more time with her and grieve.  

═════ 🌙 ═════