16

Chapter 16: Lazy Day

═════ 🌙 ═════

~Levi~

Inhaling softly I open my eyes just slightly, I took in the sight of (Y/N)'s head on my chest before turning my head to the left to look at the clock on the nightstand. It read 9:54 a.m. She's late for her first class. Gently pushing (Y/N) up I sit up. "You're late," I tell her.

With a groan, she turns rolls over back onto her side with her back facing me. "(Y/N) you have class, don't you need to- oh I don't know get there?" I ask her.

She shook her head. "Like you said, there is no point if we'll be leaving soon," she groans. Her bare back was exposed to me as the covers slipped down her back stopping just a little above her hips. I nodded before laying back down when she realized I had laid back down she turns to me again.

Her arm drapes across my abdomen and her head rests on my chest. "Besides I'm too tired, it's getting boring going through the same thing every day, school, work, home. Repeat," she mumbles.

"Then why don't we leave sometime this week?" I ask.

I felt her shake her head. "Not yet...I still have friends and family...I need." she trails off back into a deep sleep as I laid there looking down at her. Resting my hand on her back I let out a sigh.

I tried not to push her, to rush her. But since what happened the other night, I didn't want to stay long enough for Andrew to get his hands on her. He was unstable, dangerous, desperate. He was able to get her alone in the past and grew closer to her while she and I were apart, and I wasn't gonna let that happen again.

With a sigh I wrap my arms tightly around her, leaning down my lips peck the top of her head. There was a little jingling sound from Dutchess' collar as she makes her way into the bedroom. She jumps up and elegantly walks her way up to us. She gave me a soft head-butt while softly purring. Taking one hand off of (Y/N) I gently scratch the cat's neck causing her head to tilt signaling to keep doing it.

Afterward, the cat curled on my left still purring. With another sigh, I rest my hand back on (Y/N), I felt her hand travel up my side slightly before feeling her shiver slightly.

Slowly I start to drift off back into sleep forgetting that she needs to be at school, and just held her in my arms where no harm would come to her.

~(Y/N)~

My eyes slowly open to the sight of Levi still asleep. This is probably the most he's slept in ages. I lift my head up a little higher taking in the view of him. Due to his insomnia and the nightmares he'd get he didn't sleep much. Not only that but even when we were together in the past and I'd get up to go to the bathroom or something he'd be out roaming the halls at headquarters, or even the hideout.

But now that he was here, not having to worry about Titans or anything else for that matter, he was able to sleep through the night. Smiling softly I lean up and place a soft kiss on his mouth, it was long, long enough for him to lean forward and kiss me back.

His hand which was once on my back now cradled the back of my head keeping me from pulling back. I smile against his lips as he continuously pecked at my lips. When the final kiss came, he releases my head and leans back against the headboard after pulling himself up slightly.

I turn my head to look at the clock, there I also find a sleeping Dutchess at his side. It was nearly lunchtime. "We should get up and eat something," I say as I push myself off of him only to have him press his hands into my back gently making me stay in bed.

"Or we can stay in bed longer," he mutters.

"What if I'm hungry?" I ask.

He leans into me once more. "I'll make you something," he says, his lips brush against mine teasingly, I went in to kiss him again only he jerked back and smirks down at me.

"Are you sure I don't need to supervise you? Last time you had a fit with the toaster, and the oven you burnt the food nearly burning the place down. I think the only thing you've managed use is the microwave." I say softly.

He lets out a 'tch' while still holding his smirk. "I think I've learned, don't you?" he asks.

"Okay, but if I smell anything burning you're off cooking duty until we get back," I say.

He rolls his eyes before kissing me again. With that Dutchess quickly wakes and jumps off the bed while Levi uncovers himself. Sliding out of bed he stood there in only his undergarments. Glancing back, I took his spot because it was warm, he chuckles softly before walking around the bed and out the door.

I stayed laying in the bed but stayed awake in case he tried to burn anything. Dutchess came back on the bed where she found a new place to lay down and sleep. With a sigh, I rested my head on Levi's pillow doing my best not to fall back asleep.

Minutes passed and I could hear some clattering from outside the room, but soon Levi returned with a small tray of food. "Did you make sure to turn off the oven?" I ask.

"Didn't use it." he says.

Confused I take the tray from him after moving over to my side of the bed. I held the blankets up over my chest although I wasn't naked I was still a little cold. He made cereal, then gave me an apple and orange juice.

Sitting beside me on the bed I lean against him. "Didn't you want anything?" I ask.

He shook his head. "I'll be fine, we had a big dinner last night anyway," he says.

Right, last night's dinner. I thought back to the night before when he and I were fighting. I felt bad for making him stay longer knowing he was missing out on missions and helping protect humanity, not to mention learning about the world beyond the walls. I couldn't ask him to go back by himself and wait for me, because I know he wouldn't go no matter what I told him. I felt a pair of lips on my left shoulder and turn to look at him. After kissing my shoulder he turns away and grabs the book off the nightstand on his side.

Leaning back on the pillows he opened the book on the page he left off of last night before bed. I quickly eat my food and move the tray away, laying back I turn on my side to face him and watch him as he reads. Resting my head on his arm I let out a sigh and kind of read what he was reading. It was a nice slow, lazy day. 

═════ 🌙 ═════