34

Chapter 34: Choices

═════ 🌙 ═════

~(Y/N)~

After the service and talking to Lizzi's mom, Levi and I headed over to my mother's to spend some more time with her. As we walked through the front door Levi pulled me away keeping me from going to the living room.

Confused I follow him over to my old bedroom. Shoving me in he shut the door, still confused I move over to him. "What's wrong?" I ask.

With his hand on the knob, he looks at me seriously. "I just wanted to apologize," he says.

"What for?" I ask.

He sighs, "I just...I still feel at fault for what happened that night I told you about my memory. It's my fault you left and got kidnapped. If we hadn't fought Andrew wouldn't have called Lizzi-"

I place my pointer finger on his lips. "How many times do I have to tell you? I forgive you. I understand why you did it, and you can't blame yourself anymore. It happened, and because of it, Andrew is in prison. He can't hurt anyone ever again." I remind him.

"But-"

"No buts, we all will get through this," I tell him.

He nods his head and his eyes fall onto my left hand. "This doesn't change your decision to marry me does it?" he asks. My heart sank a little at his question, I didn't want him thinking like that. I smile and place my right hand on his face, he didn't smile or seem reassured.

"Levi, I love you. Couples will have their fights, but promise me no more secrets...no matter how bad." I tell him.

"I promise," he says.

I smile and rest my head on his chest. "Besides, I don't think anything could ever make me not want to marry you," I mutter. I hear his heart beating faster after I said that, I chuckle softly as I wrap my arms around his waist.

After our little talk, we both headed to the living room where Milo and my mother were sitting on the couch watching the news. Of course of all people Andrew was on it, they were talking about the murder and my kidnapping. Milo quickly changes the channel to something other than that.

"Hey guys." my mother says with a smile.

Smiling to her I walk over and sit beside her, she took my hands into hers. Then she noticed the ring and pulled my left hand closer to her. "You proposed," she says as she looks at Levi.

He nods at her then comes and sits beside me, his hand gently resting on my lower back, I felt his thumb gently move against my back... "Will you be staying any longer? Milo and I can help you plan the wed-"

"Mama," I mutter.

She stops and smiles. "Right, when do you go?" she asks.

"The day after tomorrow, in the evening," I answer.

She nods and looks forward but then turns her head to Levi. "Take good care of her okay?" she asks.

Levi nods. "Gladly," he mutters, I glance over finding him already looking at me, leaning in he presses his lips into the side of my head making a soft little smacking noise he sits up properly after kissing me.

There was a long silence between all of us as we sat there in the living room. To think this will be our last moment together. I couldn't get a hold of Desiree, I wanted to plan a little get-together before Levi and I go, but as far as I knew from her co-worker she was out of the country.

"Are you sure you have to go right away?" my mother asks once more.

I nod my head then she turns to look at Levi. "Surely you must still think she needs more time to heal. It's only been a few days." my mother says to Levi.

Levi sighs as well and looks down at me again, I then felt his hand which had been resting on my back now come up to the back of my head. His fingers gently comb through my hair. "Your daughter is free to make her own choices. If she wants to stay then that'll be up to her, she knows how I feel and I want her to be happy with the choice she makes," he says.

"Then decide now, really think about it (Y/N). Because if you go to America, we won't get to do this a whole lot. Think about what you'd be leaving behind." she says.

I knew what I wanted, as I look at my mother I nod, turning my head I then look to Levi who also nods. If I stayed Levi would lose his memory completely, but he'd be safe and relieved of his duties. And if I go, I would build a new family, and see my old friends again, but I'd slowly forget my real family. Although forgetting the bad things wasn't bad, I would forget Lizzi, my mom, Milo, and Desiree.

I look back at Levi once again, his hand rested on my back as he nods again. I knew what I wanted, and I knew what I had to do. Some people might not like it, but I wouldn't regret it. 

═════ 🌙 ═════