49

Chapter 49: A Better Man

═════ 🌙 ═════

~(Y/N)~

I stood there in the shop looking at myself in the mirror at the dress I was wearing. I was barefoot now deciding on what kind of shoes to wear. Hanji was with me looking and helping me out, the wedding was tomorrow and I was beyond nervous. I wasn't sure if my vows were good and Levi said he'd take care of the food and guest list.

"Heels or flats?" Hanji asks.

Turning to her I look at the shoes she picked out. "Flats, I don't wanna risk falling in heels...plus heels hurt my feet," I tell her.

She sets the flats in front of me and I slip into them, it's not like they'd really be seen thanks to the dress. Standing there looking in the mirror I could see behind me at the door Levi stood with his head turned to Eren.

"Oh shit," I mutter, quickly I hid behind the divider that would give me privacy to dress.

"(Y/N)?" I hear him call.

"Levi, you know it's bad luck to see me in my wedding dress before the wedding." I snap.

I hear him sigh, he was on the other side of the divider. "I won't look, but here," he says I then feel a piece of paper poke at my side and I quickly grab it. Looking down I find it was two things, first the guest list completed, and then next was his vows.

"Levi you gave me your vo-"

"I know I want you to look over it for any mistakes. I've already informed the people you listed about the wedding most of them said they'd come," he says.

Quickly peeking my head from the divider I made sure he could see the dress. He pecks me on the mouth before I push him away. "Alright get out of here," I order. He smirks and heads back over to Eren, the two of them head out the door and I step out from behind the divider, looking down at the slip of paper I read through Levi's handwriting reading his vows.

Hanji quickly comes to my side and reads it with me. As always he made a long ass speech and I did my best not cry. "That bastard," I mutter.

"Damn I didn't think he'd have all that in him. What have you done to him?" she asks teasingly.

I nudge her slightly before looking at her. "I'm kidding, it's nice seeing him like this. At least for once in his life, he's happy," she says.

That's true. I let out a sigh and turn to the mirror after finishing reading his vows. "Okay...help me out of this dress," I mutter. With that, Hanji came up behind me and unfastened the corset strings, helping me slip out of the dress.

~Time Skip~

Later that evening after getting home I walk through the dark house, making my way to the bedroom I assumed Levi was already fast asleep, not that I would blame him after having a busy day of finishing touches.

As I walk into the bedroom I find that the bathroom lit up, and Levi was standing by the door. "Hey, I thought you'd be sleeping by now," I say, walking up to the bed I let out a sigh as I set my bag on the bed.

"No, I decided to wait. You could use a relaxing bath," he says, his hands gently taking hold of my shoulders from behind.

"Maybe in the morning, I'm just really tired-"

"I already have the bath ready for you, and if you'd like I can join you," he mutters. I let out a sigh as my shoulder slouch slightly. Turning to him he takes my hand and leads me to the bathroom. Walking in I let out a quiet yawn, slowly I start to undress and so does Levi. I watch as he steps in first then I go in next.

Resting between his legs I remain sitting up as I grab the sponge to start cleaning myself. The water was relaxing but I also wanted to make sure I was getting cleaned.

~Levi~

I rested on the back of the tub watching her before leaning forward, taking the sponge out of her hand I set it to my side and wrap my arms around her waist. "Relax," I mutter. She lets out a sigh as she lays back allowing her back to touch the water.

"I'm just trying to make sure I'm clean too. Tomorrow is the big day-"

"I know, but you've been working hard today. Take a minute and relax." I whisper in her ear.

"But we'll have time to relax after," she says as she pulls away from me, she sits up again and grabs the sponge on her way up. I smirk and shake my head, she was being stubborn as usual. Leaning forward again I press soft kisses along her back making her flinch again, just like before.

"You're doing it again," she mutters.

With my lips still against her skin, I look up at the back of her head. "What am I doing?" I ask.

She trembles feeling my breath hit her skin as she turns her head to look back at me. "You're paying attention to my gross back," she says as her shoulders jump up, she moves away further. I shake my head and bring her back and continue what I was doing before.

"It's not gross. If anything it just goes to show all the pain you've gone through, and you made it out alive. And I do it because I love you...and not just you as a person, I love every scar, bruise, and imperfection you have. Everything." I whisper at the end before kissing her back again, it was true, and if I had to prove it a hundred times over I would until she understood that I didn't just love her personality but her body as well.

Sitting up I watch as she turns her head to look back at me. "You're so damn cheesy sometimes," she says. I chuckle at her and lean into her, kissing the side of her head I slowly trail down until I was just inches away from her lips.

"Yeah, I guess I am. But only for you though." I say softly before pressing my mouth into hers, finally, I got her to relax just enough to lay back while our lips move in sync, my arms wrap around her waist holding her tightly. She was the only person I'd let see this side of me because I knew she wouldn't judge me nor tease me too much about it.

She made me comfortable and gave me a reason to wake up every morning. I still couldn't believe that within a little over a year she had changed me so quickly. I never thought I'd end up like this, so lucky. Though I still held my cold personality in public, behind closed doors I was a different person for her. Sure I'd still be an ass but I was less of an ass when I was with her. She made me a better man. 

═════ 🌙 ═════