40

Chapter 40: You

═════ 🌙 ═════

~(Y/N)~

That evening after coming back from the trip beyond the walls, I sat in Levi's office chair with paper and a pencil. I was drawing out blueprints for the house we talked about a while back.

Levi was in the shower at the moment, while I was at his desk drawing on a blank sheet of paper. After a minute I stopped and took in the idea, wondering if it would be enough or if I was missing anything.

Moments later Levi enters, his shirt was unbuttoned and his hair was wet. Glancing over I watch him walk up to me and stepping behind the chair. Resting his arms on it he looks over my shoulder. "What's this?" he asks as he grabs the paper from my hands.

His eyes scan over the paper before handing it back down to me. "You should put an office by the bedroom, so that way if I have some of my stuff there," he suggests.

Nodding I turn and erase some of the lines and put them in an office beside our bedroom. "I was thinking that for now, we'd have a storage room that can be turned into a kid's room eventually. Then maybe, later on, we can build on a new storage room if need be." I tell him.

"That's fine," he says.

He then heads to the door and I turn the chair towards him. "I wanna start getting it built soon, with the lack of titans we're not going to be doing a whole lot other than meetings and expeditions," I tell him.

He turns back and shrugs his shoulders. "We'd need the money, is there a reason why you want this house so bad?" he asks.

I shrug my shoulders. "We'd have more privacy. Dutchess would be free to move around other than just our bedroom. And eventually...we might have kids..or kid." I correct myself.

He nods his head slowly and turns back to me fully. "Like I said it's gonna be a lot of money, not to mention I won't always be able to help," he says.

I nod my head. "I know, I'll handle it. I can talk to Flegel Reeves, I can see if he'd be willing to help and hire some men." I tell him. He nods silently which made my heart sink a little.

"But...if you wanna wait then we can wait-"

"I want you, that's what I want. Not as my girlfriend or fiancee. My wife." he says, slowly walking over to me he kneels before me, his hands resting on my thighs. His expression was serious as always when he had these little speeches of his. "The mother of my children. Partner in all my crimes. You. I'll gladly give you whatever you want but only if I can have this one thing. And that will always be you." he says.

I couldn't help but smile at his words and shake my head. "Well, when do you wanna get married then?" I ask.

"I don't know yet, soon...as soon as we can. According to Hanji, she and along with the squad have to go back tomorrow to the ocean," he says.

I looked at him a little confused. "Why?" I ask.

"We're gonna be setting up camp waiting for whoever it is that Eren says is supposed to come. So Hanji wants us to be ready to intercept them," he says.

"How long will you be away?" I ask.

He shrugs his shoulders "Few days...maybe more." he says.

I nod my head slowly. "Well, I'm gonna stay behind," I tell him.

"Why? Because of the house plans?" he asks.

I nod my head. "Hmm, really important huh?" he asks.

I nod my head again. "But not as important as our wedding day, that's for sure. As much as I love it here, it would be nice for us to have our own place." I tell him.

He nods his head. "I understand. And it's okay. I'll let Hanji know." he says.

Then before I had time to react he scoops me into his arms, lifting me off the chair. "Woah! Hey!?" I yelp.

"It's time for bed brat," he says. And there he goes again, right back to his usual self. I smile up at him as he carried me back to the bedroom. Gently laying me down on my side of the bed I pull the covers over my legs and watch as Levi climbs in.

When he got in and under the covers, I instantly move over and cuddle against him. His arm wraps around me holding me close, we both let out a long tired sigh as we shut our eyes. 

═════ 🌙 ═════