48

Chapter 48: Driving Me Crazy

═════ 🌙 ═════

~Levi~

She headed for the door as we bickered back and forth. "Baby I didn't mean to look- come on! We're gonna be hearing it anyway the day after tomorrow." I call as I follow her to the door. She was mad because I found her notes on the vows she planned.

"No, you are cheating! You wanted to look so you can outdo me, now I gotta start over you prick." she snaps.

I did my best not to laugh at how ridiculous she was being. Quickly coming around her I step in front of the door stopping her. "Baby, I didn't actually read it all okay? Just maybe like two words." I try and make things better but she crosses her arms and glares at me.

"You are a horrible liar," she says. With that, she turns away and heads for the bedroom with her notebook. Following her, I go to grab her but she enters the room and shuts the door.

"(Y/N) come on, you're being ridiculous," I call from the other side of the door.

"Maybe if you hadn't read my vows we wouldn't be in this situation." she snaps.

I roll my eye and put my hand on the knob. "Maybe if you didn't set your notebook on my side of the bed I wouldn't have mistaken it for mine," I argue.

As I open the door find her sitting in the window seel getting ready to escape. "No- (Y/N) don't you dare-" I stop and rush over to her but I was too late she slips out of the window. Quickly I slip through and jump into the grass.

Glancing her at she flips me off before running. This is familiar. Smirking I give chase, running through the forest close behind her. Now she was giggling as I chased her, nearly running into trees and tripping over things. But once I caught up to her she was on the ground holding her leg.

Now I was no longer laughing nor enjoying the chase. Worry overtook me within the instant I saw the blood on her leg. "Did you fall?" I ask as I fall to my knees before her. Of course, she fell you, idiot.

She bit her bottom lip and nods her head. "My dumbass wasn't paying attention," she mumbles.

I slowly scoop her into my arms, looking at her leg she had a scrape on her knee from which the blood was coming from. "Levi your shirt." she warns, I glance at my side seeing that her blood was getting on my shirt. She wiggles and tries to move her leg away nearly making me drop her.

"It's fine, calm down before I drop you on your ass," I warn her.

Carrying her back to the house I rush inside, heading to the bathroom I set her down on the counter next to the sink. Shutting the door I turn to the closet and grab a rag, turning back to her I step up to the sink. Switching on the water I place the rag under the running water waiting until it was wet enough before ringing it out slightly.

Next, I gently dab at her knee making her jolt, she hisses in pain and I glance up at her. I continue to clean her leg and once the blood was all gone I wrap a bandage around her knee. With her leg in my hand, I lift it slightly as I lean down to kiss her wound as if she were a child that needed their wound kissed to make it feel better. "Sorry for being an asshole," she mumbles.

Standing up straight I look at her seriously. "It's fine, you're my asshole," I tell her, grabbing the back of her head I push her forward so my lips could meet her forehead. "Next time just talk to me instead of getting your panties in a twist," I tell her.

With a sigh, she nods. "So...what did you think of it so far?" she asks.

Glancing at her while I wash my hands I shrug slightly. "I thought it was nice, but why do you need this to be better than mine? It's not a competition." I tell her.

She seemed ashamed of herself for thinking like that and shrugs her shoulders even though she knew the answer. "It's just, you've had all these amazing speeches about how much you care about me... I wanted to give you the same in return...I feel like I don't tell you enough how grateful I am and I wanted to lay it all out in our vows...but I'm being stupid... I should be telling you every day-"

My lips crash down on hers getting her to shut up. She could come up with a million speeches if she wanted to, but I knew how much she loved me and how grateful she was. Pulling away she punches at my chest making me a little confused. "What now?" I ask.

"Can you not kiss me for like two seconds so I can get this out?" she asks with an embarrassed smile. Smirking I nod my head and roll my eyes. "I should be telling you every day how I feel... instead I bitch at you, and make you run around the house trying to explain yourself. I'm complicated and yet you don't get so fed up that you break up with me. So thank you...for staying." she mutters at the end.

True she was complicated, but so was I. We both came from dark childhoods but have grown from it into stronger people. Who were capable of loving, caring even. "Sure you can annoy the hell outta me sometimes but I'm not going anywhere. You're stuck with me, and you can bitch at me all you want and make me chase you around the house if it means I get some reward out of it." I say, with that, I kiss her again as I lift her into my arms, my hands on her ass while her legs wrap around my waist.

Pulling away again she looks me directly in the eye. "I'm sorry for getting mad at you for reading my vows, I've just been so stressed with the wedding coming up, I still have to pick out my dress and the guest list-"

I shake my head and lean in to kiss her again. She drives me all kind of crazy, but still, I wouldn't give her up for anything. The stress would be worth it in the end, even if she was going crazy right now trying to get this wedding to be perfect, I needed to make sure she wasn't taking it all on by herself. 

═════ 🌙 ═════