43

Chapter 43: Planning A Future

═════ 🌙 ═════

~(Y/N)~

That Monday when Flegel and his men were supposed to start helping me build mine and Levi's home, it decided to rain. The clouds grew darker and people in town were saying that it was going to get worse this afternoon.

Looking out the window from mine and Levi's room I watched as raindrops slid down the glass. After standing there for a bit, I turn back and head over into Levi's office where he currently was working on paperwork as usual. The day after tomorrow they would be leaving again to intercept the next Marleyan fleet with the help of Yelena and Onyankopon.

Stepping into his office, he turns in his chair to look at me. "Flegel just came in, he was looking for you," he says.

"Oh, is he-"

Levi shook his head. "I told him that they could start tomorrow when the storm passes," he tells me.

I nod then walk over to him, standing behind his chair, I lean on the back of it looking over his shoulder. "Well, since we have today...why don't we get some of the wedding planning out of the way," I tell him.

"What is there to really plan?" he asks.

He turns in his seat and pats his thighs signaling for me to sit with him. Doing as told I settle myself on his lap with my back to him. "Well, we need food and drinks. I don't think we really need to do a cake. The guest list, location, date, attire. Things like that." I tell him.

Tilting his head, he pursed his lips together as he looks past me. "Food and drinks are easy. We have Nicolo now. The guest list is just as simple, we'd invite our close friends such as Hanji and my squad. I guess the soldiers from the Anti-Marley faction could join, it might make them feel welcome." he starts.

"What about the other stuff-" placing a finger on my lips he hushes me.

"Location, I suggest the capital, we can have Pixis marry us or something, attire, I guess we could do formal wear...as for the date it all depends on when I'm here," he says.

Looking back at him I lean back and let out a sigh. "How about...when the house is done?" I ask.

"Is that what you want?" he asks.

I nod my head and purse my lips together. "It should only take a couple of months, we have plenty of men helping, if we aren't delayed it shouldn't take too long. Unless you'd rather do it sooner-"

He shook his head. "I've waited to see you for a year...I think I can wait a couple of months to marry you," he says. Wrapping his arms around me, we both sat there silently.

As the day went on the storm grew darker, more intense. Now lightning and thunder were the main events within the storm along with the rain that still went on. It was evening now and I decided not to go down to the mess hall to eat with Levi and the others. I stayed in Levi's office working on the plans for the barn.

I had stopped when I saw the door open. Levi stepped in with a tray of food, looking back down I continued to draw out the plans, even erasing some lines that weren't straight enough. "Here, since you missed dinner," he says.

Setting the pencil down I pull the tray towards me. Levi takes the paper into his hands and looks at it while I eat. "You sure you can handle all the workload?" he asks.

Nodding my head I take another bite of the bread. "It's not like we'll have a bunch of animals right away. It shouldn't be too difficult." I tell him.

He nods and sets the paper back down. "I just want to make sure you'll be okay. Given our situation, there will be times I'll be gone longer than a week," he says.

I nod again. "I know," I answer.

"I just want to make sure you won't overwork yourself," he says.

Smiling gently I shook my head. "I won't," I tell him. Finally, he seems to agree and he heads into the bedroom to get ready for bed while I finished my dinner.

~Levi~

(Y/N) finally joined me after finishing her dinner and her plans for the farm she was so willing to do on her own. I want to be there to help her, but I also had a duty as captain. As we slept peacefully I suddenly started to feel the sheets move, then she kicked me at my side which woke me from my slumber.

Slightly confused I look down at her finding she was tossing and turning while whimpering. Pulling her in, she then began to punch at me and whimpered the words no over and over again. "(Y/N), wake up, please." I tell her. Shaking her gently I watched as her eyes flutter open, her punching stops. She looked at me confused, tears seeped from her eyes as usual when she had these dreams.

Holding her close, with my free hand I swipe away her hair and wipe her tears. "You're okay, he can't hurt you anymore," I tell her.

Pulling her in, she hid her face in the crook of my neck. Massaging the back of her head, I held her until she fell asleep again. When she was back asleep I lay her back down on the bed, resting on her back, she looked peaceful now. Again I move her hair back and lay back, I didn't go back to sleep right away just in case her mind faded back into the nightmare. 

═════ 🌙 ═════