41

Chapter 41: Deal

═════ 🌙 ═════

~(Y/N)~

It was the next morning, I decided to go to the squad meeting although I wouldn't be going with them. Hanji with Levi and Eren by her side explained that as Eren was regaining his memory, he knew of a place called Marley, and how they were against Eldians. They were the ones we were up against now.

After the meeting, I walked Levi to the stables to retrieve his horse. And to see him off, I didn't know how long he'd be staying out there, it all depends on when the Marleyans would get here. With his hand on the reigns we both walked out and to the gate, stopping him he looks to me, pursing his lips together Levi then lets out a sigh. "I'll be sure to write to you, let you know what's going on alright?" he asks.

Nodding I took his hand in mine, he wasn't one for PDA and I wouldn't force it on him. "Be careful," I tell him.

He nods in response. With that, he quickly pecks me on the cheek before getting up on his horse. Standing back I was then greeted by Hanji. "Don't worry (Y/N) I'll look out for him," she says.

"Thanks, make sure he isn't too reckless," I tell her.

"Heh, well you should be worrying about me being reckless and not him," she says. I smile and nod in agreement.

"You be safe too," I tell her.

With a soft smile, she nods and presses further until she was at the front of the group. In little to no time the gates opened and they headed out for the main road heading for the wall in which they'd put their horses on the lift and travel over the wall. Walking in through the gate after they left I met up with Flegel. Shaking his hand we began to walk around Trost together. "So Levi told me ya have a deal for me," he says, his hands shoved in his pockets as we walked slowly.

"Yes, I want to build a house for him and me, now that we're engaged. We'll also have a farm, so I was thinking that alongside paying you back over time I would give you half of what I get out of the farm, including livestock aside from the plants we grow." I suggest.

"I see," he says.

"You can sell it to the people in this town to help with the famine. I know how hard it's been these past 6 years." I explain further.

"Not bad, I'll have to talk with some of my guys and see if they're up for it...you're Hanji's friend right?" he asks.

I nod my head not quite seeing why he'd ask. Crossing his arms he nods then and smirks. "Well, in that case, we'll do it, and all you'll have to do is give us half your stock from whatever you grow," he says.

Shocked by his new offer I shook my head. "I couldn't possibly, I should still pay you for your services-"

"It's alright, besides I owe Hanji since she saved my ass back when those damn MPs were on my ass. Although I think I'll always be in her debt," he says.

Placing my hand on his I thank him profusely, telling him how much it meant to me that he was doing this for me. Although I'd still need to find the finances to get cattle and other livestock. For now, I just wanted to worry about the house. "Also, you can work with us from time to time so you have money to get livestock." Flegel then says.

"What would my job be exactly?" I ask.

He shrugs his shoulders and smirks. "I was thinking handling the carriages that move our products, it's not too hard if you can handle the horses and travel between districts at times," he says.

I shrug my shoulders and purse my lips together. "Not a bad idea, I'll consider it," I tell him.

"When are you wanting to start this project?" he asks.

Stopping we allow some people to pass us. "Beginning of next week, but I think tomorrow or sometime this week we should go scouting for a spot. My idea was just outside of Trost within wall Rose by the inner gate." I explain.

"Alright, I'll let my guys know and meet you tomorrow afternoon," he says. With that, I shake his hand and thank him once again. Heading back home I spent my time in Levi's office either reading or doing more planning. I planned what the farm would look like and how I would separate the animals let alone give them enough room to roam freely until it was their time.

The next three days passed when I received a letter from Levi. Within the gate now of the headquarters I open the letter and begin reading it.

(Y/N),

I hope you're doing well, as of right now we have a young man named Nicolo in our custody. We are waiting for more to arrive, which may take a few days. Hanji at the moment is making Nicolo wish he was deaf, she's asking a lot of questions and he barely answers which is understandable. I don't know how it will go when we start to see more people but Hanji and I are hoping that with Nicolo the others will not bring us harm.

How are the plans for the house? Did you manage to speak with Flegel? I am hoping by the end of the week I will be back home, I will probably have endless meetings with the higher-ups. Please be sure to write me back so I know you're doing well.

Sincerely, Levi

Shutting the note, I head back inside to Levi's office. Grabbing a blank piece of paper and quill, writing a letter back to him I got it ready to go tomorrow. After writing it, I fold it down then place it in an envelope. Placing it back on his desk I sit back and let out a long sigh. 

═════ 🌙 ═════