4

Chapter 4: Toaster

═════ 🌙 ═════

~(Y/N)~

I sigh softly as I slowly awoke from a deep sleep. With my eyes still closed I patted on Levi's side of the bed to see if he was still beside me, but no, he wasn't. Sniffing softly I laid there still until I jolted up slightly, there was a burning smell. Worried I jump out of bed and rush into the living and kitchen space.

Seeing past the living room in the kitchen I saw Levi attempting to pull out toast that hadn't come out yet, I then noticed he had a butter knife in his hands and I took off towards him. "What are you doing? Are you trying to burn yourself!" I say as I rush over to his side.

Taking the toaster out of his hand, I turn the dial back down causing the toast to pop up. "Your damn thing is broken-"

"No, you just have to turn the dial back down to zero, and you don't turn it all the way to the right otherwise you get this- and you don't use things to get it out- you'll electrocute yourself," I explain, I take the knife from his hand and set it on the counter.

Pulling out the two burnt pieces of toast I toss them knowing Levi wouldn't eat that. I begin to wave my hands around to clear the smoke as best I could. Turning back to Levi he seemed to be sulking, my shoulders slump and I step in front of him. Taking his hands in mine I looked at his fingertips which were red, when I touched them he flinched gently.

I gently pull him over to the fridge where I pulled out an ice pack. "Please be more careful. I don't wanna burn this place down." I tell him, grabbing his hands I kiss at his knuckles before dabbing the cold ice pack on the inside of his fingers.

He didn't look at me, only his slightly burnt fingers I then had him hold the ice pack in place. Letting out another sigh I turn away and grab a teacup, I decided I'd make him tea and toast for him. Note to self, don't leave Levi alone with the toaster.

I knew that he was unsure of what to do here, with all this new technology. Once I poured the hot water into the cup with the teabag I turn while stirring the ingredients together then hand it off to Levi. He quickly takes it into his hand and carefully sips it from the cup before setting it aside.

I decided I'd make him his toast today, with my back to him I place two pieces of bread in the toaster and twist the dial slightly to the right. I could feel Levi's eyes on me, I glance back proving my assumptions. Pulling a plate in front of me I wait for the toaster to stop, and when it did the sudden pop sound started Levi due to the sound of his rattling cup and hiss in pain.

I turn back finding he spilled his tea all over him. I try to hold back my laughter as I go up to him and grab a paper towel. I dap at his shirt hoping it wouldn't stain. Glancing up again I found his eyes piercing down at me. "You don't have class today right?" he asks.

I shook my head. "It's Saturday, I don't have school today or tomorrow," I tell him. Nodding he then pushed me back and pull his white t-shirt over his head revealing his chiseled chest and abdomen.

Before I knew it his hand fell on my waist and pulled me in rather roughly. His lips crashed into mine hard, without warning he spun us both around and lifted me up then set me down on top of the counter where we continued the heated makeout session.

We seemed to be doing a lot of that since he arrived, sex, kissing. Soon it was not going to do it for us anymore, it would no longer be special... or so I thought. Pulling away I place both hands on his mouth and pant softly. "Why'd you stop me?" he asks.

"Because... we need to pace ourselves, Levi," I say.

Levi rolls his eyes thinking I was being ridiculous. Slowly I take my hands off his mouth and he crosses his arms. "I'm serious Levi, I love you and all but a relationship isn't just about sex and making out," I tell him.

"You don't think I don't know that? But it's kind of expected when you... You know... miss someone." he says, his voice trailed off into almost a whisper towards the end signaling his embarrassment from admitting he missed me.

Cupping his face in my hands I slightly squish his cheeks together as he frowned at me for denying him. "I missed you too. I just want us to be careful okay?" I ask.

Levi then grabs both of my wrists and pulls my hands off of his face. Yanking my arms forward he caused me to jolt forward slightly. He kisses me on the lips, this time it was much softer and more meaningful, easing into his arms I wrap my arms around his neck and lean into him.

~Levi~

(Y/N) went to shower while I sat in the living room with her pet who was currently sitting on my lap purring. I wondered what must've happened while we were separated. Since reuniting we had been having a helluva lot of sex but she still seemed different.

She wasn't fighting with me like she used to, it was one of the reasons I started liking her. I liked fighting with her because she looked cute when she got angry. And just mainly seemed kind of distant. With a sigh, I look down at the white cat and scratch behind its ears as she looked up at me with her sapphire blue eyes.

I shook my head thinking that I was just overthinking things. She was never one to really openly share her feelings, she was like me in a way although I had always been able to openly share how I felt with her. My mind soon comes to a blank when I hear the shower stop, minutes pass by and she soon comes out of the bedroom looking all dressed up and bubbly.

Coming up behind me she kissed me on the cheek. "I'm off to the grocery store, you wanna join?" she asks.

I turn to her and shook my head. "Not this time, I wanna see what's on the box thing here," I say pointing at the black box.

"You mean the TV?" she asks.

I roll my eyes and nod my head. "Yes, that," I answer. Smiling she took the long stick thing with buttons on it and handed it to me.

"This red button turns it on, then this controls the volume, then that changes the channel," she explains.

Channel? What the fuck is that? I press the red button then look at the TV, nothing happens. "It's not working," I tell her, that's when she took my hand and turned my wrist so the stick pointed at the TV.

"Try again," she says. I do as told and the box lights up showing words for a couple of seconds before there were people on the screen talking. (Y/N) kisses my cheek again before leaving while I had fun flipping through channels.

═════ 🌙 ═════