20

Chapter 20: Soon

═════ 🌙 ═════

~Levi~

At the grocery store on my own, I begin walking the aisles. (Y/N) needed to go and quit her job while also drop her classes at her college. We had 9 more days until we would be leaving.

While she's doing that, I'm responsible for getting our last few groceries that should last us until we leave. Pushing the car and looking at the list I pull items from the shelf and look at the list again. I had (Y/N)'s credit card in my pocket she told me to use.

As I was coming up to the tea and coffee aisle I pick up a small box of black tea, as I was looking at the others I feel a tap on my shoulder. Turning around I find a girl with blonde hair smiling at me. "I know this is probably weird but, you're really handsome, I'm Lizzi," she says.

Confused by her words I dart my eyes back and forth. "Uh, thanks, and Levi?" I say in an unsure tone.

"Do you...maybe I wanna grab coffee sometime?" she asks.

I place another tea in the basket of my cart. "No," I say.

I've heard the name Lizzi before, and she isn't talked about very kindly I walk on heading to find the next item. "Why not?" she asks. She's persistent I'll give her that.

I stop and look back at her. "You're (Y/N)'s old friend right?" I ask.

"Yeah? What's that got to do with it?" she asks.

"I'm her boyfriend, and even if I wasn't I wouldn't be interested anyway," I tell her honestly.

She looks at me in disbelief and slight hurt. "Well... what's so good about (Y/N) anyway? She isn't who she once was, she's all depressed and lonely. It's pathetic-"

I charge back at Lizzi, flashing a deadly glare I watch as her expression changes to slight fear. "Don't ever talk about her like that. If you ever even gave a shit about her, you'd know why she was depressed. She's a lot better now that she's no longer hanging out with trash." I insult.

Lizzi lets out a gasp and smiles devilishly. "Excuse me?" she asks.

"You heard me, now get lost," I tell her.

With that, I return to my cart and carry on with my shopping ignoring the Barbie doll who kept calling my name.

~Time Skip~

After returning home with (Y/N) we both head for the kitchen where we both put away the groceries. "I met Lizzi today," I tell her.

She stops putting things away and looks at me in a little bit of shock. "She's back? What did she want?" she asks.

"She was flirting with me and wanted to go grab a coffee. I told her I wasn't interested and maybe called her trash." I say muttering at the end.

I watch as she tightly grabs the bag as if what I said made her angry. "Well, at least you told her off, was that all?" she asks.

I nod, "Well the only reason why I called her trash was because she was saying mean things about you." I tell her.

She lets out a 'tch' "What's new?" she asks.

"I don't know how you two were once friends," I say.

"Me either, I question that every time I hear about her." (Y/N) replies.

We carry on putting the groceries away forgetting what happened today, or at least I did. I'm sure (Y/N) will go and talk to Lizzi eventually, get whatever else she had on her mind out in the open with that girl.

Afterward, (Y/N) and I both sit down on the couch resting beside each other while the TV played another movie. In my front pocket, I feel the pocket watch (Y/N)'s mother gave to me, I keep it on me now not only to tell the time but to remember yesterday. I understand more now why (Y/N) wants to stay longer, her mother really didn't know what was going on with her and her father.

I was glad though that (Y/N) made it out alive, wrapping my arm around her shoulder I pull her in closer and place a soft kiss on her head. She smiles and sighs softly, "You know when we get back you're gonna have to practice hard, we both are because you've gotten soft." she says as she pokes at my stomach.

"H-hey! I've been working out still, I'm not soft!" I say as I sit up.

She laughs. "Well emotionally you have, which is nice," she says.

I roll my eyes I turn my head away. "You just don't like it when people point it out, but you really are nice Levi," she says.

"Eat shit brat," I say as I shove her face away gently.

She laughs at my comment and sits up. "Okay, maybe when you wanna be, and if I don't point it out." she giggles.

I watch her smile at me causing me to grab hold of her arm. "I'll only be like that around you, but don't expect to get out of practice just because you're my girlfriend. I'll still make you do laps if you don't take orders, maybe worse if you're really bad." I tell her with a devilish smirk tugging at my lips.

She then rolls her eyes and shoves me away this time. "Yeah, yeah," she says before leaning onto me. She places a soft kiss on my cheek before I dart my head towards her, grabbing the back of her head I push her closer to me where I plant a soft kiss on her mouth this time finding that my cheek wasn't enough. Soon you won't just be my girlfriend though.

═════ 🌙 ═════