5

Chapter 5: Makes Sense

═════ 🌙 ═════

~Levi~

As I pressed the button on the stick that changed the channels I flipped through countless ones. Currently, I stopped on a channel that had two people kissing in the rain. The man picked the girl up then it changes to them walking through the front door still with lips attached. Right away after entering the man pressed the woman against the wall, it seemed her hands were above her head.

Then not a moment later they went over to another wall and the two start undressing. That's when they start making their way upstairs partially naked and wet. What the fuck is this? After laying the woman on the bed the man took off what seemed to be a pair of pantyhose before hovering over her and kissing her once more.

It was soon a montage of them making out. That's when I was flipped to the next channel which was now a children's show. On the screen was a girl with a blue monkey speaking English with another language here and there. They were counting due to numbers showing up on the screen. What kid would watch this?

I didn't bother changing it and decided to see what this show was all about. I was getting a little annoyed by the main character asking where a certain thing was multiple times when it was right in front of her fucking face. I would never show my kid this... this is so fucking stupid. My kid. That's when I looked back at the front door and thought back to a few nights before.

~Flash Back~

"I do want to go back, but, I also have to consider what'll happen if things between you and I go downhill." (Y/N) says.

He looks at me in disbelief that the thought would even cross my mind. I wish it hadn't. "Where is this coming from? You know how I feel, why second guess it?" I ask.

She shrugs her shoulders in response. "Look, things are great right now. I don't wanna screw that up. But you and I, we're not married or anything like that so, if something were to happen to you or me what's going to happen? And I'm not even saying if we ended up breaking up or something- which is something to include. You know the risks of being together in a time where titans are a threat." she explains.

I grab her hands. "I know the risks, I've told you before that I was willing to look past all of that. Do you wanna get married? We'll get married. What's mine is yours, and what's yours is mine. I made my choice a year ago, and I'm not regretting it." I say.

~Flashback Over~

To think I asked her to marry me, well sort of. The thing was I didn't have a ring, nor the money to get a ring not that we needed one. But as I thought more about this the more it seemed to make sense for us to marry.

I loved her, and she loved me, I could see myself growing old with her if war didn't kill me first. And I hoped she felt the same, and to think if she was with me, I wouldn't mind having a brat or two. Brat's I'd teach how to survive. Of course, I shouldn't think about little brats right now, we weren't married yet so springing the idea of having a baby was a little too sudden.

All I knew was that I'd be the best father I could possibly be, to make sure my kids didn't have the same childhood I had or (Y/N) for that matter. As I sat there watching this crappy kids thing, I thought more about the future and all the possibilities there would be. That is if we ever get out of here.

~(Y/N)~

I left the store when my mom decided to call me. Sitting in my parked car I answer the phone, "Hey mom." I answer.

"Hey honey, how's the new place? Get all settled?" she asks.

"Yeah, still have a few boxes to unpack," I answer.

"Good, I was wondering if Milo and I could come over for dinner sometime, to celebrate moving into a new place," she suggests.

I was hesitant, she didn't know about Levi and just thinking about the two meeting got me excited and a little nervous. "...Sure mom, I'll just have to check my work schedule and whatnot, but I'll let you know," I tell her.

I hear my mother laugh on the other end. "Alrighty, love you," she says.

"Love you too...Oh! And have you heard anything from Andrew?" I ask, I wanted to know because it had been almost a week since hearing from him and I wondered if he ended up going on some bender or something, although I was upset with him, it didn't stop me from being kind to an old friend. God, I hate caring so much.

"Haven't you seen the news? Andrew's father was arrested for money laundering." my mother explains.

"What?" I ask in shock.

"Yeah, apparently they lost the business, I don't know where Andrew is but I don't think he's in a good place right now." my mom says.

Well clearly. "Okay... well I'll call you later," I say.

With that I hung up and shoved my phone in my pocket, starting the car I pull out of the parking spot and begin to drive home. I guess Andrew's life really went to shit after I left. Still, though, I didn't want any part of his drama now that Levi was back all I wanted to do was prepare to leave with Levi knowing I won't be returning. It was sad since I had just started having a good relationship with my mother and stepfather. I wanted to spend a little more time with them before I go because they'll probably forget me. 

═════ 🌙 ═════