44

Chapter 44: New Home

═════ 🌙 ═════

~3 Months Later~

~(Y/N)~

Three months had passed since the day building of the house began. Today, it was finally finished, although there were some finishing touches on the barn, it was mainly just fixing a fence. Levi and I stood in front of the house with Dutchess in my arms. Surrounded by forested area, Levi and I slowly head inside the house.

Opening the door we both step in. To me everything was perfect, we had our own living space with a wood-burning stove. The sound of the door shutting caused me to look back and find that Levi was closing it, allowing us some privacy to wonder. Setting Dutchess down I turn back again to grab Levi's hand.

Slowly we made our way through the house, taking in the living room I liked how bright everything was with the windows open. Then making our way into the kitchen where we both took in the view of our small dining area and kitchen. Next, we headed to our bedroom, along the way we checked out his office and the one storage room that would possibly serve as a future child's.

Coming into the bedroom, there was one door to the master bathroom, another to our closet, and the one we just came through. If I had added another door to Levi's office that would've look weird to me. Now, we headed back outside after hearing our names being called. Making sure Dutchess wouldn't run out we watched the door closely.

Two cadets had our horses, taking my horse from one of them I led Levi through the woods. It was a short walk to the barn, the men did well to make a path there. When we reached it, the barn overlooked open land, there was a good-sized section for planting and the other were areas for animals to come out and enjoy the sun.

Taking the horses to their spot, we released them once they were inside the fenced-off area. Running free side by side, they seemed happy to have the room to run without worrying. At times while we watched they rolled around in the grass. "Flegel did a good job," Levi says.

"Yeah, I thought you should see it before you go tomorrow," I tell him.

Placing his hand on my back we continue to watch the horses. "Well now I'll have one more thing to look forward to when coming home," he mutters.

Although I already knew the answer I smirk and look back at him. "Oh yeah? What's the other thing?" I ask.

He smirks as well before closing in. "Do you even need to ask?" he retorts.

Chuckling softly I then felt his hands come up under my legs, lifting me, he carries me back to the house bridal style. Laughing the whole way there, we enter the house together and Levi takes me to the bedroom.

But instead of placing me on the bed, he puts me down and I stand in front of him confused. "Before we carry on, I do need to bathe. I'll be-"

As he heads to the bathroom I grab his arm stopping him. "Hang on, I'll join you. We can take our time." I tell him.

Shaking his head he lets out a sigh. "As much as I'd like to, I don't need to be distracted-"

"You'll end up just getting dirty again- so just wait and I'll join you," I tell him.

He stops taking in what I just said. "I guess you're right," he says with a smirk on his face. After saying that he began unbuttoning his shirt and peeling it off of his shoulders. Falling back on the bed I sit on the edge watching him strip. I guess this is one way to break in the bed. 

═════ 🌙 ═════